Omaha's third Annual Ice Cream/Cruise Night - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Omaha's third Annual Ice Cream/Cruise Night
Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:48 PM
This Is the third year running.
I'm going to try to get them to change the venue, it was a HUGE turnout last year, Zyaaa can vouch as well as a few other who came down for Omaha's premier sport compact/Import/Domestic show and shine cruise.

Who: Any and All Midwest Automotive Enthusiasts
What: Nebraska Street Scene Ice Cream Cruise
When: July 27th, 2007 @ 7PM. (Cruise starts at 10PM).
Where: Starting at Sonic on 90th Street (Just North of Maple St.) Cruise starts from Harbor Freight lot (just two blocks or so South of Sonic.
Why: To come out and have a good time. Eat ice cream/burgers, enjoy a night of great weather, people, and of course, CARS! Possibly make a positive impact on the community.

As usual, I have to break out the ground rules:
> Please no burnouts, revving, bumping of music, etc. We're a great bunch of people, and I don't want to have to ban someone for being a retard and embarrassing all of us.
> Please tip your servers, as this makes for a very busy night for them. In fact, I talked to the manager last year, and it was the busiest night of the year for them. Hands down. Simple buck or two for dealing with us should be no problem if you're affording to drive the cruise at the rate gas will be. LOL.
> Please no racing or dangerous driving during the actual cruise. It's called a CRUISE for a reason. Do it later and in a smaller group if you wish, but keep it away from the mainstream. Also, PAY ATTENTION. This is a busy time of driving. No more accidents and rear-ending people this year! (LOL).

Couple other ideas we were throwing around in discussion. Should we make charitable donations to an organization? There is NO SHAME in my game to walk around with a big ass bucket and take donations. Maybe even hold the route maps that night and make people pay atleast a dollar to five dollars to have it? We can make an enormous impact on the community in a POSITIVE way for once, by just donating the extra money from your ice cream cone or burger or whatever, and dropping it off at the United Way or a Children's Hospital or Sienna Francis House or something. Let's discuss this.

I already have the route figured out, it's just a matter of hearing what you guys would like to pass through, see, etc. I can change SOME small things, but it's a matter of just making the map right now.

So. Let's hear it. Donations for charity? Route suggestions?

------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Omaha's third Annual Ice Cream/Cruise Night
Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:28 PM
United Way is one of the worst charitys, a lot of the money goes twoards administration and very little to the people who need it.

I would suggest one of the homeless shelters, since funding is being cut to them.

Open Door Mission is one of the few that takes in entire families.

As far as the route is concerned definatly the Dodge street overpass, Qwest, Abbot drive (the pretty part), Rosenblatt, Old Market?

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Friday, March 28, 2008 6:32 AM
wow... im pumped now

unsure on the route to take, last year's was perfect IMO, all except having to drive on abbot by the airport when their stupid sprinklers have flooded the streets. if we go this route again this year im going back BEHIND the airport (turn right at budget car rental) and around, its a nice big circle where you can really open up your car, plus it connects right back up to abbot about a mile ahead and AWAY from the airport.

charity... sure, ill buy a map of the event for $5 bucks and you can do whatever you want with the money. i would have LOVED to have had a map last year.

i think all of us j people need to ride down together, say meet somewhere at like 6-630 and head down and park besides each other.

i am really gonna push to have more j people there this year, i wanna see at least 10 of us going.

Friday, March 28, 2008 6:47 AM
I expect to see NO jbodies at this event...thats the same weekend as the bash, and we all know thats cooler needless to say, I won't be attending

Friday, March 28, 2008 8:53 AM
I was all about this until I realized it was the weekend of the bash.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, March 28, 2008 11:44 AM
i know where ill be

Friday, March 28, 2008 12:35 PM
GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY!!!!!!!

brandon, any hope in getting the date switched?!?!!?!?!

wait a tic... why would the ice cream cruize be on a sunday night? it wasn't last year...

i wonder if it would be possible to make it back from the bash by 7 o clock that night?? oh jeas, that'd be a difficult one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 28, 2008 12:38 PM

Friday, March 28, 2008 4:31 PM
you'd have to leave like....4-5am lol

Friday, March 28, 2008 6:01 PM
in the progress of getting the date changed, Hell I wont go on a sunday. I have a job to report to at 7:30 the next day.

Friday, March 28, 2008 9:01 PM
awesome, please for the love of god get it changed to the weekend before or after. i really dont wanna miss this event.

Saturday, March 29, 2008 4:33 PM
I got the 26th but thats all : (

Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:46 PM
i'll be in ohio but ill eat some ice cream and use my imagination

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827
Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:55 PM
thats ok, people around here have no love for OHV's or j-s in general.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 2:18 PM
I think they sell Ice cream at the bash .

Like brandon said, Kyle already commented on the lack of Ecotecs was a good thing.
Sunday, March 30, 2008 5:16 PM
yeah well, I haven't even met kyle, and can tell he is holier then thou, and is a douche bag. I'm ok with not meeting him

Sunday, March 30, 2008 5:32 PM
He's actually a nice guy. He's just a dick on the forums.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 6:55 PM
well that just sucks.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:59 PM
if he was a nice guy, he wouldn't knock every car that cost under 20k. Cuz we all make 50k+ a year...sorry, still don't care to meet the guy. Also don't care that he makes his living off filming street racing and putting lives at risk. Sorry, just not gonna like the guy under any circumstances

Sunday, March 30, 2008 9:08 PM
I agree with steve, very nice guy in person, and I'm gonna have to disagree with paul, 1320 is just a side thing. and if you think someone that simply records streetracing is putting lives at risk then I suppose the actual racers dont have to have any sense of responsibility heh?

Sunday, March 30, 2008 9:18 PM
too bad we cant get more people building ecotecs.

Skunk, wanna come down and Rep' the Tec's with me?

I got 4 months and no more car payment, I should be able to make something interesting happen by means of a built,boosted and juiced ecotec hehe

Monday, March 31, 2008 6:18 AM
it'd be nice to see a cavalier in GENERAL be able to hang with a lot of other stuff, regardless of an eco.... around here i mean.

what the rest of the world has seen with a j-body, no body around this area has.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search