third annual omaha ice cream/cruize night - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
third annual omaha ice cream/cruize night
Monday, July 09, 2007 6:03 AM
hey guys, i see this day as being an awesome opportunity for some of us to finally get together in this area. im thinking maybe before the cruize everybody that comes could hang out somewhere and have a lil meet so we can all finally get to know each other.

we all need to throw out some places to have our get to gether, some of you omaha boys should know a good place im sure. help here would be appreciated.

its this saturday (the 14th) here's all the info:

Third Annual Ice Cream / Cruise Night!!! (Second for NESS).

Who: Anyone and everyone with a nice car/bike from around the midwest.
What: Good ol' fashioned cruise after some Sonic ice cream.
When: Saturday, July 14th, 2007. 8:00PM (Ice Cream) / 10:00PM (Cruise).
Where: Sonic (N 90th St. -- 4 blocks North of Maple).

That's right. I am done with the route, and I am certain most won't be disappointed. I simplified it a @!#$ ton this year, as well as incorporated some downtown area and the new expressway. Should be (yet another) good cruise night. Let's pray for good weather!

The Route: Please print off your own copy, in case you get stuck at a light and need to lead the rest of the people behind you. This is REALLY important, as we will have many out-of-towners who will rely on someone with NE plates to lead the way for them.

Here she is:

Along with simplified instructions: (Starting from 90th and Maple (right by the Sonic).
Head south on 90th Street to W. Dodge Rd. Head west on W. Dodge Rd. (Right turn). Take the Dodge St. Expressway, over the 114th St. Intersection. Continue west on W. Dodge Rd. to Highway 31/204th St. Exit. Head south on Highway 31/204th St. (Left turn). Continue south on Highway 31/204th St. to Highway 370. Head east on Highway 370 at the stoplight. (Left turn). Continue east on Highway 370 to Fort Crook Rd. (Exit right). Head north on Fort Crook Rd. (Left turn). Continue north on Fort Crook Rd. past Chandler Rd., where it merges with 13th Street. (Right two lanes). Continue north on 13th Street, through downtown to Cuming St./Abbott Dr. Head north/east on Abbott Dr., past the airport, where it merges with Storz Expressway. (Left lanes). Continue west on Storz Expressway, where it merges with Sorensen Parkway. (All non-turning lanes). Continue west on Sorensen Parkway, where it merges with N. 90th St./Irvington Rd. (All non-turning lanes). Continue south, past Fort St., back to Harbor Freight. (On your right, just before Maple).

Total time: ~1 hr. 20 mins. Total distance: 96km (~60miles)

As, I said last year, this cruise is not only a reflection on you, but as the automotive enthusiast community as a whole. No burnouts. Pick up your trash. No fights. No drama. Bring a positive attitude and a full tank of gas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 09, 2007 6:22 AM

Re: third annual omaha ice cream/cruize night
Monday, July 09, 2007 12:13 PM
sounds good, I have the weekend off! Might have to make it. . . . . . hopefully the insurance company fixes my windows by then!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 09, 2007 12:14 PM

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:01 AM
sounds good sean. any news with the insurance stuff? if you know anybody else with a small gm car the're proud of tell em' to come. hell anybody with a sport compact lol.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:39 AM
3 cars 2 nitrous systems 2 seprate forms of boost LOL

------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:42 AM
hahhaa i hope you dont think i'll be spraying that night brandon. im going to be there to show off my car, not to show off how well it doesnt shift. hahahaah

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:46 AM
I'm contemplating dropping the n20 on the DD cavalier.. that would be a helluva sleeper...

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 9:28 AM
very nice. thad be fun

any ideas on where we could have a lil meet up and photoshoot dood? possibly right before the cruize then all of us could ride over together.

so far its me, u, jeremiah and HOPEFULLY sean rousseau (sp?) from over here in iowa

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 1:59 PM
Unfortunatly, someone rear ended me on friday night, so im not sure if thats "acceptable" for the cruise. The damage is not very bad, a few scuffs and nicks on the right side of the rear bumper.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:32 PM
you spelled it right, the car runs now, I got all that fixed but I'm still waiting on the windows being replaced, kinda looking grim for Sat. also still no word on the in-dash being replaced anytime soon

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:32 PM
Rousseau9099 wrote:you spelled it right, the car runs now, I got all that fixed but I'm still waiting on the windows being replaced, kinda looking grim for Sat. also still no word on the in-dash being replaced anytime soon

That sucks my car was broken into and my indash was stolen recently as well. I feel your pain!

Thursday, July 12, 2007 6:00 AM
i dont think anyone will mind jeremiah. and sean...lol u dont need windows

Thursday, July 12, 2007 6:10 AM
Yea, its not that bad and you probably wont notice it much at all come nightime

Thursday, July 12, 2007 8:15 AM
so where we all meeting up?

Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:19 AM
sonic?

Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:45 AM
cavmania(Keeper of da Sleeper) wrote:sonic?

ive only been to the sonic in crackcil bluffs.. is that the one your referring to? if not im sure my buddy can get me there.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:24 PM
No I'm talking about the one on 90th st. in omaha where the cruise is taking place.

Its right inbetween Maple&Fort St. if you go down 90th inbetween those streets there is no possible way you can miss it.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 1:09 PM
i'm rollin to but not takin the j. gonna be ridin the bike
Thursday, July 12, 2007 1:37 PM
^f a g. Gimme a call when your in town sat zyaa, I can meet up with ya somewhere you know.
Thursday, July 12, 2007 1:45 PM
well im gonna be headed to my buddy's place somewhere in O, from there i'll just have you come over or something.

but i was thinkin we could all go somewhere n hang out to get to know whats goin on and such, maybe have a little photoshoot of all our cars. a park or something?

Friday, July 13, 2007 11:56 AM
Sorry that I can't make it Brad,maybe next time.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Friday, July 13, 2007 2:32 PM
well, if anybody IS coming and needs directions or w/e

call me:

712-420-9886

Sunday, July 15, 2007 8:55 AM
holy shiit that was a ton of fun. ive NEVER seen so many newer cars in one place in my life. simply AWESOME times.

"HOLY SHIIT A SKYLINE!!!! ITS A UNICORN!"

ill be attending next year for sure.

Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:28 AM
Wish I coulda went

Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:32 PM
it was pretty good times, Nice to meet ya Z-yaa!

I cracked open the bottle on the way home and my car was running pretty damn hard. The speedo was moving as fast as the tach lol

Monday, July 16, 2007 5:53 AM
cavmania(Keeper of da Sleeper) wrote:it was pretty good times, Nice to meet ya Z-yaa!

I cracked open the bottle on the way home and my car was running pretty damn hard. The speedo was moving as fast as the tach lol

did ya get to eat any hondas away? hahaha god we went WAY out in the boonies to the SR's, was a lot of fun. what really sucks? a BAD night for you guys is better than any night of it up here in sucks city.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search