first few mods and i get hit - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
first few mods and i get hit
Saturday, June 30, 2007 6:02 PM
so i finally am getting a chance to mod my car,
eibach prokit
kyb gr2
jerry-rigged short ram (works great, just not the typical way to do it)
rims prolly next week
I was totally stoked about takin it to the meet and on my way home last night i got hit, the guy and
my quarter panel on the drivers side is screwed
if you were me besides fixing the car (insurance will cover that), what would you do for a little more gittup next
will a ram air really add that much? and what exhaust kits would you reccomend for the 2.2 eco

Re: first few mods and i get hit
Sunday, July 01, 2007 5:39 AM
maybe its just me but I wouldn't consider a "jerry-rigged" intake, stock replacement struts not meant for lowering, listing something your probobally gonna get and having your only real quality aftermarket part being a $200 set of lower springs, as my "first few mods"

but regardless that sucks to here, and the first thing I would do is save up for some KYB AGX's, get rid of those @!#$y GR2's and get something meant for lowering.

Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:26 AM
I'm with darkstars on that one. You should really invest in a quality strut that had lowwering in mind. other than that. a front strut bar is cheap and makes a noticable difference on the car once installed.

Sunday, July 01, 2007 12:55 PM
i thought the gr2s were good too 1.5 inch drop my friends has them on his eclipse iwth tein 1.5 inch lowering springs and they have been fine for two years already

Sunday, July 01, 2007 1:04 PM
people also think the Venom 400 Performance module makes poower.... doesn't mean its true.

Also no offense to you or your friend but its supriseing how many people THINK they have a good suspension, that it rides nice etc.. granted its a matter of opinion but untill you ride in the same car with a quality setup you have no idea..

Monday, July 02, 2007 6:02 AM
I believe with Tein S Tech you can use with your stock struts....I have never heard or read anywhere you can your stock struts with Eibach, without them blowing them over time...I would recommend getting some KONI's.....Back to the subject, accidents happend all the time. It's up to you if you want to take the risk and put alot of money into it, especially if it's a daily driver. That is why many people park their's and have beaters. But it looks like you have a decent start. Good luck.

Monday, July 02, 2007 9:07 AM
some "mods"

------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, July 02, 2007 11:04 AM
Bleco wrote:I believe with Tein S Tech you can use with your stock struts....I have never heard or read anywhere you can your stock struts with Eibach, without them blowing them over time...I would recommend getting some KONI's.....Back to the subject, accidents happend all the time. It's up to you if you want to take the risk and put alot of money into it, especially if it's a daily driver. That is why many people park their's and have beaters. But it looks like you have a decent start. Good luck.

S-Techs no. they lower the car up to 1.7". H-Techs you can get away with stock struts or stock replacement struts. They only lower the car an 1".

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search