Who's selling what? - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Who's selling what?
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:34 PM
I feel lazy doing this, but I'm not too ambitious to spend money. I'm looking to pretty up my daily driven sunfire so I can sell it for some decent cash, and I know alot of people on this forum would probably like to get some money, so if anyone is selling anything I might get use out of for a 96 sunfire, leave a post, with a price, and I just might buy it. I like projects, so I'm looking for anything from this list:
header
intake
body kit
power window conversion
wheels (with tires)
ect.

Like I said, I want to pretty it up, and I like projects. That and I work at a Honda dealership, and driving such a @!#$ty car, I'm getting the impression people here don't think I'm capable of fixing this crap. I kinda want to make a statement as well.

Re: Who's selling what?
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:36 PM
probably would make sense to let you know its a 1996 sunfire se 2.2l
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:39 PM
hey i have a set of stock power window tracks and motors and power lock assemblys if you want them

[IMG]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2055000-2055999/2055421_15_full.jpg[IMG]
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:18 PM
if I want them as in to take, or trade or buy?
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:57 PM
17" motegi mr7s gunmetal with tires lookin for $600

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 1:31 AM
trade or buy

[IMG]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2055000-2055999/2055421_15_full.jpg[IMG]
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:19 AM
you realize your wasting money if you plan o sell it right??? There next to nothing you can do to add value to the car, modifying actually makes it worth less.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:26 AM
you realize I didn't ask for your opinion right??? What I do with the car is my business, ever think maybe I'm trying to make it worth having for a friend or family member. What I do with my time doesn't concern you, why do you UTI guys always try so hard to put your two cents into everyone else's business. If you were that smart, you wouldn't think that ecotec was fast. But thats none of my business, now is it?
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:56 AM
why waste your time talking @!#$ when you can sell that piece of @!#$ sunfire for 500 bucks and call it a day and quit wasting everyones time

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:24 AM
Joe Hampton wrote:you realize I didn't ask for your opinion right??? What I do with the car is my business, ever think maybe I'm trying to make it worth having for a friend or family member. What I do with my time doesn't concern you, why do you UTI guys always try so hard to put your two cents into everyone else's business. If you were that smart, you wouldn't think that ecotec was fast. But thats none of my business, now is it?

HA HA HA HA dont come in here trashing people because they gave an opinion, you wont last long, and as far as the ecotec being fast... talk to hypsy, oh yeah DARKSTARS, and various others and tell me that the eco is not a fast motor. if you dont believe me then i guess you should talk to the cobalt guys, and the redline guys... and tell them they are all slow. check out www.projectdarkstars.com with all that done you still ready to say that the ecotec is a slow motor? Do some research before you start trashing everyone or making false claims.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 11:34 AM
Well, there was a time when there were some decent people on this forum, but if all your heads are so far up your @!#$s your going to tell me I'm out of line because someone decided they would START talking @!#$ in a thread I started, asking a simple question, then your wish is granted. I'll delete this stupid membership. I'm done posting on a site that could be used to help people out, but instead is filled with you headstrong idiots who think A FOUR CYLINDER CAR is going to be a race car. Have any of you been to a track? What rules the track? Not your cavaliers. Actually, I can say for fact, I've never seen a 4 cylinder car perform the best in anything but bracket racing. These are economy cars that can only be pushed so far. Sorry to break all your hopes, but no matter what money you spend on these cars, anyone else can spend less on a stang/camaro, hell even a datsun and show better numbers. I can't beleive you people are saying I started this. I didn't ask for the cocky kids opinion, or attitude. And I've seen the darkstars website. You can barely see smoke from the "burnout". @!#$ you all, I'm out.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:16 PM
He stated the facts, you want answers. here you go, for performance,

www.turbotechracing.com

Pretty much everything,

www.carcustoms.net
www.aplusperformance.com
www.lmperformance.com
there are countless others out there. but like he said, unless you find a tuner to buy the car, you are degrading the value of the car by adding all the modifications, basically when selling the car, you take the value and subtract the price of all the mods from what the kbb is and thats going to be the value.

as far as seeing some cars top the races, you can talk to karo, hypsy, the hahn team, various others... they are not just for bracket racing. there are plenty of fast cavaliers out there. and look at it this way. you are comparing stangs and camaro's to a 4 cylinder? youve got to be kidding me. hypsy drives a 12 second daily driver, most camaro daily drivers run 13's or so, darkstars could easily run a 12... karo, is well just plain fast, the hahn team also is well fast, there is plenty of potential in the eco and they are not as slow as you think. ask around you will see plenty of people showing that an eco is fast. i mean even pjskwirl swapped an eco into his cavy and is running 14's N/A so they have plenty of potential. you just need to relax and take a step back and look at all the potential.

oh and cavaliers can be fast lol... http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=48&i=9399&t=9399

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:50 PM
Quote:

Joe Hampton
Today 2:34 PM

Well, there was a time when there were some decent people on this forum, but if all your heads are so far up your @!#$s your going to tell me I'm out of line because someone decided they would START talking @!#$ in a thread I started, asking a simple question, then your wish is granted. I'll delete this stupid membership. I'm done posting on a site that could be used to help people out, but instead is filled with you headstrong idiots who think A FOUR CYLINDER CAR is going to be a race car. Have any of you been to a track? What rules the track? Not your cavaliers. Actually, I can say for fact, I've never seen a 4 cylinder car perform the best in anything but bracket racing. These are economy cars that can only be pushed so far. Sorry to break all your hopes, but no matter what money you spend on these cars, anyone else can spend less on a stang/camaro, hell even a datsun and show better numbers. I can't beleive you people are saying I started this. I didn't ask for the cocky kids opinion, or attitude. And I've seen the darkstars website. You can barely see smoke from the "burnout". @!#$ you all, I'm out.

sorry its not 1970 anymore. there's plenty of 4 bangers that would rape most V8s pal

how bout you take your 45year old stupid ass and go take care of your kids in the trailer park. dressing up a cavalier isn't going to yield any money they have @!#$ty resale as it is and mods only lessen the value of a car

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:57 PM
LMAO

calm yourself you whiney bitch.

did you actually read what I wrote? YOU said you wanted to sell it for decent cash and thats why your looking to mod it.... I'm trying to kepe you from wasting your money.... modding a sunfire will bring the value DOWN. If you goal is to make money on it your doing it all wrong, its a negative investment, you do not make your money back modding a car. If you still want to thats fine and dandy I don't care what you do with it, all I was doing is letitng you knwo modding it will not bring up the value.

So quit your fawkin crying you whiney bitch! noone was talking @!#$ to you

Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:02 AM
Vincent Morris wrote:
Joe Hampton wrote:you realize I didn't ask for your opinion right??? What I do with the car is my business, ever think maybe I'm trying to make it worth having for a friend or family member. What I do with my time doesn't concern you, why do you UTI guys always try so hard to put your two cents into everyone else's business. If you were that smart, you wouldn't think that ecotec was fast. But thats none of my business, now is it?

HA HA HA HA dont come in here trashing people because they gave an opinion, you wont last long, and as far as the ecotec being fast... talk to hypsy, oh yeah DARKSTARS, and various others and tell me that the eco is not a fast motor. if you dont believe me then i guess you should talk to the cobalt guys, and the redline guys... and tell them they are all slow. check out www.projectdarkstars.com with all that done you still ready to say that the ecotec is a slow motor? Do some research before you start trashing everyone or making false claims.
Now I have absolutely NOTHING against Ryan, but you've taken the liberty of talking about what he does , what he thinks, what he could run at the track, etc.

He's more than capable of typing this stuff on his own if he wants to. And don't think he needs someone sticking up for him.

Tell me I'm lying and I'll post those threads I've seen it happen.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 2:29 PM
i get what your saying but i wasnt just pointing him out, there are others like i said, hypsy, the hahn team, and karo, and everyone else in the racing forum that is pretty quick. like i said i just used him too tho cuz he is in this thread. my car on the other hand isnt as fast, i wish it was but its not. theres plenty to do to the eco to get it moving but i cant afford it.

Predator, you going to make the sept meet in WI? if so you can look and see how slow mine is HA HA.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 2:48 PM
I will be selling all my CF engine bay pieces in a month

Quote:

The New WINKS: low like a hoe is the way to go

^Amen Brotha
Friday, August 25, 2006 11:26 AM
^^already? what made or is making u do that and for what reason?
Friday, August 25, 2006 7:53 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) wrote:
Quote:

Joe Hampton
Today 2:34 PM

sorry its not 1970 anymore. there's plenty of 4 bangers that would rape most V8s pal

how bout you take your 45year old stupid ass and go take care of your kids in the trailer park. dressing up a cavalier isn't going to yield any money they have @!#$ty resale as it is and mods only lessen the value of a car

As he said have you seen what the ecotec is running at the track. Not just what people on here are putting down but the fully built race motors. Just casue its a 4cyc doesn't mena it can't be fast as hell. You are true in the fact that top fule dragsters are faster then any eco out there but thats not the point. I know I coudl go and buy a fast car but to take a slow car and make it faster then others is an accomplishment.

Also what ryan said about modding is true. The only way your going to get any money out of mods is to find some punk kid that wants to but a done up car.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search