gay iowa law enforcement - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
gay iowa law enforcement
Monday, August 14, 2006 1:47 PM
the law enforcement in my area of iowa is extremely sucky... my dad borrowed my car for the day and when he got back he tells me he got busted. he told me what for and i was shocked! the officer that pulled him over gave him a warning for the muffler i have on my cav... not as surprised by that because thats pretty common in the modifying scene. then he told me he also got a warning for the license plate frame i have on the car? that doesnt seem to make sense... ive seen plenty of lisence plate frames on cars in my area. anybody have any info on this? was the officer just singling my car out because of some of the things done to it?

[/end rant]

Check out my build thread!

Re: gay iowa law enforcement
Monday, August 14, 2006 2:11 PM
Well, if the muffler makes the car too loud, the officer can obviously hear that its not stock and is illegal. Specially if Iowa has any special sound ordinances or laws regarding changing of exhaust components. As for the plate frame, I know in Illinois they just made it a law to not have anything covering the plate itself. The tinted covers, foggers, etc. So they might have made a similar law there too. Also, if the plate frame is covering any part of the letters/numbers or plate sticker, then it is illegal cause it is "obstructing the view"
Monday, August 14, 2006 5:20 PM
yeah I got a ticket in IL for liscnce plate frame. If it covers any part of the sticker or the numbers then its illegal

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 9:25 AM
yea...they're laws....but they usually let it go most of the time. most likely he saw your car was 'sporty' so it gave him a reason to pull him over.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 9:26 AM
o and yes, the iowa law enforcement is gay

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 5:28 PM
Whats funny is that I had a plate border on mine that covered half the plate sticker, and the 1st & last digit of the plate, and drove that way for a couple months without problem. So it just goes to show that even if things are illegal, some cops just don't care, but given the chance, they'll jump on it for a ticket if they need it
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:39 PM
well ive had it on for over a year without any problems... it doesnt cover any of the numbers/letters on the plate but just part of the sticker. but 98sedanz24 i think that was exactly it.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 2:35 PM
uhm ok...what part of "near sioux city" are you lol, i live in sgt. bluff.

was it a state dick? god i could tell you some major horror stories...

if u want, gimme a call tonight sometime-we should meet up

brad wheeler
712-420-9886

Black 97' Z24
Blacked Out and Lovin' It...
"Z Yaaaa"
Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:53 PM
im out in moville. my dad said it was a deputy... idk he was probably just feelin butt hurt that day and wanted to fill his quota.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search