THE JETTA IS DEAD!!! - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
THE JETTA IS DEAD!!!
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:56 PM
well rolling death finally craped out

I pulled into work today and it was smoking liek crazzy (valve cover leaking on exhaust manifold) so after work I drove it in, racked it up, looked to see what else is leaking, needed valve cover gasket and oil pan gasket.... on that car its like $30 and maybe an hour of work total. So I cleaned up the oil that was leaking on to exhaust, just wiped it all down in a rag soaked in brake clean, fixed a broken vacum line, started it up, it didn't make it out of my bay, stalled out about 4 times to get it out of my bay, you could start it, it idled really really @!#$ rough, if you hit the gas it did nothing wide open throttle and still at a rough idle but starts backfiring when you give it gas. Its got spark, its got compression will not run to save its life. They have a gay fuel system with an intake pump, 9 million fuel lines to a secondary pump and acumulator, then up front to a FPR and then to the fuel distributor. When you turn the key it doesn't prime the pump to build pressure, the acumulator is surpossed to store fuel pressure till the next start, well the acumulator has been on its way out for while to the point where you have to crank it for a good 20 seconds for it to build up enough preesure to start the car if its been sitting over night, short trips fires right up. To replace the acumulator on that car being that old and that rusty means new gas tank, gas tank straps, both pumps, the acumulator, and all the 9 millon lines that seem to run in between all that @!#$. So I said @!#$ that. I'm liek 99% the fuel distibutor took a @!#$ today.... which is @!#$ uber expensive, like in the range of a grand for it with lines. So basically to save the jetta means replacing the ENTIRE fuel system fromnt to back, everything. I only looked into it for about 20 minuets or so I'm hoping I'm wrong about what the problem is but I dought it.

It sucks having 2 cars and neither is drivable

Re: THE JETTA IS DEAD!!!
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:58 PM
better get the cav up and running then

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:13 PM
I think we should have a moment of silence for that beauty....

That should do.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:21 PM
Rust In Piece

I'll get the final odometer count tommarow.... I believe its 245,XXX miles

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:31 PM
that pic makes it look damn good

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:51 PM
It was because you cleaned it, it wasnt used to the bacteria in all the cleaning products. Too bad it happened right after you cleaned it. Like i told you earlier, its a sign from god to get the cavalier out.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:18 PM
You could buy my Cav But it'll cost a *lil more* than two breakfast burritos I need to start saving for a house, so toys need to go...

What a great place JBO is!! <<<

Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:53 PM
congrats?

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:11 PM
Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:36 PM
^^haha nice!!
Friday, July 28, 2006 8:27 PM
THE JETTA LIVES ON!!!

Rolling death will keep on rolling, I lucked out, the fuel distributor that craped out, a guy at work just happened to have on elaying aorund at home, all put together with the regulator the lines and everything, already attached to the air box lid and everything, so spent liek 10 minuets swapping that over and it started right up and ran smother then it ever has. So I bought the valve cover gasket and poped that on quick and did an oil change. Jetta goes up for sale tommarow

Friday, July 28, 2006 8:42 PM
Jetta goes up for sale tommarow

how much

[IMG]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2055000-2055999/2055421_15_full.jpg[IMG]
Friday, July 28, 2006 9:44 PM
1986 VW Jetta GL 4-door 5-speed manual. 245,xxx miles on it. I ran a carfax on it today the history is clean, no accidents, no hail, no flood damage, no slavage or rebuilt title, never totalled, ect.

A couple things worth mentioning, widnshield has a crack all the way acrost the bottom, it isn't spiderwebed at all, its one solid lien acrost about 3-4 inches from the bottom is not in dirrect view when your driving. The front passenger window regulator is broken, the window stays up, it will not fall into the door anything, you can force it open just a crack, enough for the passenger to have a cigerette all other windows work fine. The left rear door handle sticks, when you open it you physically have to pull the release back, it will not pop back on its own. A/C doesn't work. The accumulator in the fuel system doesn't hold pressure as well as it should, the fuel pump doesn't prime itself when you turn igntion on like most new cars there is an accumulator that holds the fuel pressure for the the next time you go to start it. When leaving it sit for long periods of times, like overnight it takes a long crank to start, on short trips, sitting for a couple hours it fires right up. Even with the long crank after sititng for a long time it starts every single time. This car has never once not started on me. 10 monthes of driving it daily and it trted for me eveyday through winter and all. The heat works, rear defroster works All interior lights work except the HVAC light and the 1/2 of the backlight in the radio doesn't work. I have a cd player thats was gonna be going in, I don't know if it works or not I haven't hooked it up, you get it with the car you can wire it up yourself. headlights, brights and brake lights, tail lights, turn signals all work, no reverse lights. The car does have a random idle, sometimes it idles high sometimes normal but it always stays running. ocassionalyy it will randomly bog down a little but that last maybe a second and it sback to normal, it doesn't do it often but it does do it (might be fixed now from fixing the car, not sure since I don't drive it anymore)

Recent clutch and timing belt (about 15K on them both). WHen I got it it had been sitting for a long time in a garage so it was misfiring bad and ran liek @!#$, it needed some work. I've had it since last october put about 3-4K miles or so on it miles. Since I got it I've done a tune up, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, fuel injection flush, brake flush, new pads and rotors up front, and a caliper up front, all new vacuum lines in the engine bay, cleaned the carbon build up out of the intake, replace the driver door handle and a brand new lock cylinder, new floor mats and front seat covers, fixed exhaust leak, it passes emsisions (not only did it pass but it got the quick pass, it means it ran well enough to pass the emsions test without even running the whole test. I put the fuel distributor (used but good part) in today along with oil change and valve cover gasket cause it was dripping oil onto exhaust manifold and smoking, that got fixed today, still has alittle bit of oil resdue it hasn't burned all the way off yet but it will (when I had the valve cover off I peaked down at the valve train, the cam and lifters show very minmal signs of wear, and there is next to no oil sludge build up inside the head looked the same as the 1.8T passat with 38K miles I had to put a timing cam adjuster in today). 4 new tires (literally new, maybe 500 miles on them) and they have been road force balanced.

Overall its a preaty solid car, its old with a lot of miles but it starts runs and drives fine. I'm gonna put it in the paper for $1200 and see what happens reasonable offers wont be refused. I did get offered $700 cash the other day, I'm hoping for a bit more then that.

PICS.....

Friday, July 28, 2006 10:45 PM
we had a jetta like that...and every time your turned right...the right rear window went down

Saturday, July 29, 2006 9:53 AM
Quote:

we had a jetta like that...and every time your turned right...the right rear window went down

-Now thats a custom mod.....

Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:14 AM
you didn't keep the "I'm A Turd" decal on the back? foreshame! that would have been the selling point for me.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, July 29, 2006 7:51 PM

btw if anyone is interested I'm gonna put it in the paper for $1200, I don't expect to get that much money, basically just keeps the deadbeats that wanna offer like $300 away. If anyone wants it PM me a serious offer and we'll talk

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:05 PM
I'll give you two double cheese burgers

Winks Online Click Here

Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:01 PM
I'll give you 3 Breakfast Burritos.

NightmareSS - 2005 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC STG 2
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search