Chicago Area J's...come out this Saturday night! - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Chicago Area J's...come out this Saturday night!
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:34 AM
Hey all you gearheads! Let's get out to the 4 Corners shopping mall on the corner of Lemont and 75th in Woodridge / Downers Grove at around 8pm on Saturday, July 22.

There's going to be a bunch of cars there, and of particular interest to us GM freaks, some folks with Cobalts and Solstices will be attending too.

I'll be bringing my Turbo Solstice, and my son Adam is bringing his wicked Sunfire.

Come on out and let's all represent!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Re: Chicago Area J's...come out this Saturday night!
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 10:00 AM
Bill Hahn Jr. wrote:Hey all you gearheads! Let's get out to the 4 Corners shopping mall on the corner of Lemont and 75th in Woodridge / Downers Grove at around 8pm on Saturday, July 22.

There's going to be a bunch of cars there, and of particular interest to us GM freaks, some folks with Cobalts and Solstices will be attending too.

I'll be bringing my Turbo Solstice, and my son Adam is bringing his wicked Sunfire.

Come on out and let's all represent!

I'll definitely try my best to be there, although my car's pretty much stock.

Do you ever drive your Solstice around the Yorkville area? I'd love to see it some time. What does your son's Sunfire look like?

On a side note, I saw your guys' silver with yellow graphics Saturn ION the other day on 34 near Wal-Mart in Plano. Man, does that thing look nice. Didn't you sell the ION?

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 1:14 PM
Come on down! It's low key, so a near-stock car is mucho fine.

Yes, the Solstice prowls regularly. Its low as hell, with a red/black two-tone paint scheme.

The Sunfire is more likely to be seen in Plainfield. It's primarily red, with silver and green and blue accents. Look for Adam Hahn's registry for a pic.

Yes, the Ion is in another enthusiast's hands now. A very cool car!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 3:27 PM
LOL I am at 4 corners everyweekend. I live 5 mins away in bolingbrook. I dont have my J anymore, But I will be there with the Vette

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 3:59 PM
Damn....i gotta date.........sry

Re: Chicago Area J's...come out this Saturday nigh
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 4:30 PM
haha silly phil girls are for straight guys...lol.....unless its a date with a man!!!!!!! ooooooooooooooo

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:08 PM
Damn I gotta get to work!

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:35 PM
mattmanp5 w00t wrote:haha silly phil girls are for straight guys...lol.....unless its a date with a man!!!!!!! ooooooooooooooo

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP!!.......your silly

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 6:11 PM
Does anyone wanna give me a ride? I want to go see Bill and Adam and unfortunately my car won't be ready till sometime next week. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 6:37 PM
Oh and a HUGE FYI....I just picked up the HPT software and am learning it quickly. If anyone wants access please let me know ASAP. I have to buy credits for each car. If your interested please post up here or email me. I'm thinking of charging $100 per car. I will have 1 car credit available to work on someones car with if anyone wants it and can pony up the cash. I can tune out rev limiters, tune fuel, tune spark, remove speed limiters (not that I will on every car) and a lot of other things. I will also have the scanning available free of charge for anyone that wants to take a look at what their car is doing on a quick run or two down the street.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:27 PM
count me in, sounds like a good time

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:56 PM
This place is an awesome time. Lots of guys with decently fast cars...and TONS of posers. Its fun to go just to listen to the BS sometimes. Hopefully a ride comes through so i can meet some of y'all.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:09 PM
I get out of work at about 930 pm I'll most likely swing by and see if everyone is there.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 10:11 PM
I'll be out in the middle of nowhere near Iowa

Thursday, July 20, 2006 8:46 AM
Darkstars wrote:I'll be out in the middle of nowhere near Iowa

Up to you, go to either one.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 3:36 PM
I was out there last week actually, lol. I drove past in my friends mazda. Then a sexy black Evo with a badass BOV pulled out behind us and I almost came in my pants, lol. Perhaps I'll stop by with my Cavy.
Friday, July 21, 2006 5:18 AM
I'll be there

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 06
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Friday, July 21, 2006 8:43 AM
Sweet!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Friday, July 21, 2006 10:37 AM
Bill: I'll try and get your piece back and bring it with me. Jeff took a car to Minnesota for a customer and no one is there and I can't get a hold of his wife. I'll keep trying though. Worse comes to worse I'll mail it out Monday.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 8:52 AM
What happened? I didnt see anyone up there from hahn. I was up there around 11. I figured the rain cancelled everyting. maybe another time then.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 10:31 AM
I was annoyed, lol. I washed my car before I left work, had it shining, and I wasn't even home for more then a half an hour and it started getting all dark with storm clouds. It was sunny and shiny all day, except for when I washed the car!! lol, I figured the meet wouldn't be going on so I didn't bother. Seems I was right :-(

Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:37 AM
You got there late Ken. We said 8 or so for the meet, not 11 LOL. They left about 10 or 11 and I left about 11:30.

Monday, July 24, 2006 5:13 AM
I had a great time sat night even though my soltice got a busted tail light lol oh well def have to do it again soon hopefully will have better weather and turn out next time.

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 06
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Monday, July 24, 2006 7:31 AM
It was fun! We were also disappointed with the rain after making the cars so pretty, but we decided to head out there anyway. I'm glad we did, for it helps prove that Adam's Sunfire and my Solstice aren't some trailer/show queens, but real daily drivers.

Three Solstices and a handful of J's appeared, but no Cobalts to speak of. But it was short notice, and crap weather, so I was not surprised.

One thing I was REALLY enjoying was the dominant number of Domestic cars there! Nothing against imports, but they can really dominate sometimes, so it was encouraging to see Domestics as the overwhelming majority.

What I'd like to see next is another meet there where we all work together to get the Cavalier/Sunfire, Cobalt, and Solstice people out. I think these three groups can have excellent interaction, and a lot in common.

Anyone care to call out an upcoming date that works?

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Monday, July 24, 2006 7:33 AM
Ah, also...we left around 10:30 due to our race commitment the next day at Rt. 66. Got to get some sleep to race well! Maybe next time we won't have to bail so early

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

www.turbosystem.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search