MO people - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MO people
Monday, July 10, 2006 7:06 PM
So I am moving shortly, and have been looking at title/registration etc etc for my car for moving. It says I have to have a safety inspection done, anyone kno what places do these, and what kinda mods could screw it up for me? I am moving to KC,so I dont have the emissions factor in it (only in certain areas near St Louis)

Email me at jvanis@gmail.com if interested in 03+ cavy projectors

http://www.aplusperformance.com

Re: MO people
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:45 AM
As long as you are on the MO side, you can get a safety inspection done at all kinds of places. Anywhere that has the big yellow MO sign posted out front. Most mechanics do as do lots of oil changing places. The basics are what they are checking on:

- All lights must function
- Horn
- Mirrors
- Tires
- Breaks
- Exhaust (includes cat)

That generally is what most shops check. Some are more detailed than others. I live in Blue Springs so I generally use the Quick Lube place on Woods Chapel. There is rarely a wait and the guys do a good job looking over the entire car.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 12:48 PM
hrm hopefuly shouldnt have any problems with my exhaust, replaced the cat when I had the exhaust redone, and my headlights(projectors) work, just not on the stock switch.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:12 PM
BTW, what is bringing you to KC anyways?

Thursday, July 13, 2006 8:59 PM
job, going to work for cerner, just graduated college and figured what the heck

Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:57 PM
What are you going to do there? I know a few people who work there....mostly in the IT side of things.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:20 AM
i just moved from iowa to ballwin and i have to get the plates changed soon and have to go through that inspection crap.............what happens if we replaced our steering wheel and our horn doesn't work???
Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:37 AM
rainman wrote:i just moved from iowa to ballwin and i have to get the plates changed soon and have to go through that inspection crap.............what happens if we replaced our steering wheel and our horn doesn't work???
As in Ballwin/STL /Manchester Road area?? if that is the case, PM me..... I can get you taken care of........It will not pass if you have removed Airbag/changed steering wheel.... Let me know......I had same problem as you...... And couldnt pass emissions either.... But Im all legit now

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:38 AM
Not 100% sure but I think a functional horn is a requirement. Go google MO state inspection and you should be able to find the actual requirements. For the most part it depends on how detailed the inspection station wants to get. Some just test your lights and look at your tires and call it good. Others put your car up on a rack, pull a front and rear tire off to inspect the brakes, check for your cat and the rest of the exhaust is in place properly, and check the lights and horn and windshield.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:58 AM
Jackass wrote:Not 100% sure but I think a functional horn is a requirement. Go google MO state inspection and you should be able to find the actual requirements. For the most part it depends on how detailed the inspection station wants to get. Some just test your lights and look at your tires and call it good. Others put your car up on a rack, pull a front and rear tire off to inspect the brakes, check for your cat and the rest of the exhaust is in place properly, and check the lights and horn and windshield.
You are right bro... But most are very anal about it in fear of losing their inspection license.... Suspension,Brakes, Tires, all lights, Horn, and any exhaust or fluid leaks....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, September 18, 2006 1:06 PM
Just move to the Kansas side.............no inspections

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search