JRobz is BACK!! - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
JRobz is BACK!!
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 11:20 PM
So yeah I got another Z. 1 year newer. 98 5-speed. I'll get pics up tomorrow. no engine trans but everything else is there. I also learned that a Jeep Wrangler can yank around a cav through mountains! woot! anyway HPTuners will be ordered asap (prolly tomorrow as well). so now the choices start.. what to do what to do..

I'm thinking F23 (00+ 5-speed cuz I have bad luck with Isuzus ) swap but what engine.. eco? HO? another 2.4?

soon the fun will begin!

anyone know a welder in my area (Yorkville, IL) that can do the rear mount bracket for the trans?

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..

Re: JRobz is BACK!!
Thursday, July 06, 2006 12:22 PM
joe awesome to hear man, cant wait to see what you do with it

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Thursday, July 06, 2006 2:30 PM
why in Sam Hell are 2.4's so damn pricey!?!?!?!?!

might go quad4 cuz its cheaper.. hella cheaper. every 2.4 I see is $700+.. crazy..

Thursday, July 06, 2006 8:55 PM
i found mine for $400 with tranny included

Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:59 PM
w00t!!! Glad to see you're back in a J Joe! I'll have to check it out next time I'm ovet at my cousins. You should get an ECOTEC because they are the best engine ever. Bill Hahn says so . So, where'd you get the car from? I'm not sure about welders in Yorkville, but there is one in Plano that I have heard nothing but good things about. Not sure if he could do the transmission mounts though. I'll try to find out for ya. Oh, and last but not least, how's your "son" doing ?

Friday, July 07, 2006 2:04 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:w00t!!! Glad to see you're back in a J Joe! I'll have to check it out next time I'm ovet at my cousins. You should get an ECOTEC because they are the best engine ever. Bill Hahn says so . So, where'd you get the car from? I'm not sure about welders in Yorkville, but there is one in Plano that I have heard nothing but good things about. Not sure if he could do the transmission mounts though. I'll try to find out for ya. Oh, and last but not least, how's your "son" doing ?

LOL!! my son is fine. doing better with the "outside" training.

I got the car from Brad Keuter. The jeep pulled it back form Dubuque! I'm proud of it. I was thinking Eco too but I just need it to run for now, so I'm thinking 2.4 till a save some money and set it up for the Eco swap. Eco's are cheap around here..

Friday, July 07, 2006 2:07 PM
gmanz24 wrote:i found mine for $400 with tranny included

If you can find me that deal in a working engine/trans I'll give you $100

although you are rather far away from me..

I'm going to the Aurora U-Pull It tomorrow. havent been there yet. talked to about everywhere else, but they dont inventory anything so I gotta go see for myself.

Friday, July 07, 2006 3:38 PM
Jrobz23 wrote:LOL!! my son is fine. doing better with the "outside" training.

I got the car from Brad Keuter. The jeep pulled it back form Dubuque! I'm proud of it. I was thinking Eco too but I just need it to run for now, so I'm thinking 2.4 till a save some money and set it up for the Eco swap. Eco's are cheap around here..

That's good to hear . I have an almost seven month old mixed breed who still doesn't quite have the hang of doing her stuff outside all the time .

Yes, you definitely need to get it running so you can come to our Yorkville J-Body meets . Your Cav would make five cars ! Not too bad for Yorkville.

Jrobz23 wrote:I'm going to the Aurora U-Pull It tomorrow. havent been there yet. talked to about everywhere else, but they dont inventory anything so I gotta go see for myself.

U Pull It has a ton of Cavs so you might just luck out and find what you need there.

Another good yard you could try is I 55 Auto Salvage in Channahon. I am pretty sure they keep track of all their parts and they have a ton of Cavs, quite a few newer ones even.

Good luck with your new project .

Friday, July 07, 2006 4:37 PM
i55 dosnt have a whole lot of cav parts if you looking for a 2.3 they have most of the 2.4 are up around 100,000 mile range.they did have quite a few eco's though

[IMG]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2055000-2055999/2055421_15_full.jpg[IMG]
Friday, July 07, 2006 4:42 PM
nick99z24 wrote:i55 dosnt have a whole lot of cav parts if you looking for a 2.3 they have most of the 2.4 are up around 100,000 mile range.they did have quite a few eco's though

I didn't know what they had for engines, just knew they had a ton of Cavaliers and Sunfires when I was down there last month.

Friday, July 07, 2006 6:42 PM
hey I'm not against the 2.4, hell I'll hop on one if they aren't chargin like $700 for one with 100k on it.. and no trans. time is of the essense though. the 2.4 with isuzu will be the easiest to get in there. I just need the damn thing to run for now.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 12:41 PM
hey hey they had a 3.4 DOHC engine there! lol not gonna happen but one of you goof balls may want it for something. they a have a few 2.4TC autos there i may pilfer..

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 5:03 PM
You got Brads car huh? He had one hell of a motor/trans/turbo setup in that car!!! How much did you get the shell for? Did he give you all of the gauges and short shifter and such? What are you going to do with the hole in the firewall and the front bumper?
Friday, July 14, 2006 10:32 AM
I got everything except engine/trans/gauges..

got the shell for $600. gonna get a Z24 front bumber cover from ebay (since the guy who sells them is in Naperville, IL). The hole in the firewall doesn't bother me really. I've been outa town, so still gotta go get the engine and stuff but it is supposed to rain today.

Friday, July 14, 2006 5:28 PM
Jrobz23 wrote:I got everything except engine/trans/gauges..

got the shell for $600. gonna get a Z24 front bumber cover from ebay (since the guy who sells them is in Naperville, IL). The hole in the firewall doesn't bother me really. I've been outa town, so still gotta go get the engine and stuff but it is supposed to rain today.

I saw the Cav last night. Looks really good. I can't wait for you to get it running so we can have another J at our "meets" .

Friday, July 14, 2006 6:32 PM
TY. lol yeah workin on it. gotta go out tomorrow and get at least the trans to throw in it.

Saturday, July 15, 2006 5:29 AM
Jrobz23 wrote:TY. lol yeah workin on it. gotta go out tomorrow and get at least the trans to throw in it.

No problem .

Be careful working out in this horrific heat.

Monday, July 17, 2006 1:31 PM
holy %^&* it's hot..

Monday, July 17, 2006 5:48 PM
Jrobz23 wrote:holy %^&* it's hot..

Been out working on the car I take it ?

Monday, July 17, 2006 6:30 PM
trying to get a trans out of a grand am..

Monday, July 17, 2006 6:39 PM
Did he ever sell the built tranny he had? I wanted that sooo bad, but the funds werent right.

Monday, July 17, 2006 6:41 PM
I have a friend with an eco with auto trans attached for like 750, 800 or so, not sure.

Monday, July 17, 2006 7:02 PM
yeah he sold the trans before the car. I bought it without engine/trans. i found a New Venture trans and a 2.4 for about $400 so I'm gonna rock those.

I have access to a bunch of other stuff too. shoot me a email if you need anything.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:28 PM
mmm New Venture for $130 mmm

Gotta go get the rest!

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:07 PM
ugh..

so I found a 2.4TC in decent shape it seemed. unbolted the whole thing, got it out of the car, got within 30 sec of paying for it, and saw there was a hole the size of my fist in the block hiding beneath the exhaust mani. needless to say I was not pleased..

the search continues..

btw if any of you guys want a HO motor let me know. not sure on its internal condition but I can point you to where it is.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search