Marion, IL Area - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Marion, IL Area
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 6:51 AM
Hey guys, Ive got a job offer coming up that would move me from Lansing, MI to the Marion, IL area. The icome increase is pretty good (between $12-15k) So Im seriously considering it, but I just want to know what the area is like. I hear that weather is pretty mild, not much snow in the winter. I know Carbondale is near and that is a college party town. I tried looking up more infor but didnt find much, it looks like its not really a very rich little area and its pretty small, 16,000 people or so. Any more info you guys could give me would be great, thanks in advance...

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire

Re: Marion, IL Area
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:55 AM
Marion is a small town, it has its basics like Walmart, a small mall, and some other things. It has grown alot over the years and Carbondale is only 20 minutes away. Winter wise they do get snow, I don't know who told you that but my parents live in Springfield IL and I use to be stationed in MT and they would get just as much as either of us and sometimes more. There is alot to do outdoors. However remember you are moving to Southern IL so it will be a change from Lansing MI with the way people talk and act but you'll catch on quick. I was born there and all of my family still lives there. Cost of living isn't bad and you just have to adapt and make it your own. Good luck if you have any other questions just pm me.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:20 PM
And just remember - you'll be IN the town that the GM Small Car Bash 06 is being held in So ya have no excuse what-so-ever for not showing up lmao

What a great place JBO is!!
If you agree with someone else, you are a nutswinger
If you agree with Dave you are "right"

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:25 PM
Small town? I live like 30 mins away in Carmi, IL (The town of muscle cars and maybe...2 j-body modifiers) and it makes my town look huge and Carmi is a pretty good sized town for Southern Illinois.

Anyway, if you do end up movin you should like it....Most of Southern Illinois rules!
Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:32 PM
Thanx guys.... Im sure it will seem pretty small since Lansing has close to 125,000 in it and Marion has 16,000. I think Im going to make a trip down there before I decide. The thing is, this job isnt what I want my career to end up being but the pay is pretty damn good and its a stable job, so I dunno. Also, hearing about the whole snow thing doesnt help me wanting to go either, Im wanting to get away from that.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:32 AM
You won't see as much snow as Michigan, lol. Southern IL seems to get sleet or freezing rain as opposed to snow.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 3:06 PM
hey what up man. I live in southeast Missouri in cape girardeau which is around an hour and half away. Well summer time it is super hot and muggy. We get some hard t-storms. Winter can be super cold with not a lot of snow or tons of snow and like they said more sleet/freezing rain most of the time. SIU is in carbondale like you said. Halloween a couple years ago it got super crazy over there and ended up breaking out car windows and shop windows so since then they close a lot of stuff on Halloween lol Don't know much else even thou been down here since 1st grade and i just graduated lol hope this helps later

2nd place is the 1st loser
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search