Insurance Rates/places around KC - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Insurance Rates/places around KC
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:16 PM
I was just wondering what people pay for insurance in the KC area for a cavalier.

Roughly this is what it looks like;
03 cavalier
Perfect driving record
Believe its currently full coverage, with a higher deductible.

Just post what you have if you will, I am moving in a couple months and trying to get an idea.

Email me at jvanis@gmail.com if interested in 03+ cavy projectors

http://www.aplusperformance.com

Re: Insurance Rates/places around KC
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:25 PM
Age, how many years you've been driving, if you are still paying on your car, model (LS, SS, etc) is all a factor as well.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:15 AM
Zip code is going to make a huge difference in KC. Gotta remember rates are very different on the MO & KS sides since the state has different regulations regarding insurance.

Single Male Under 25:

64014 - $101/mo (Blue Springs, MO)
64111 - $176/mo (Kansas City, MO near Plaza/Westport)

Single Male over 25:

64111 - $171/mo
64014 - $94/mo

I lived in Westport for a few years and my rates were crazy. When I moved back to Blue Springs, my rates came back down. I have a perfect driving record, was still paying for my car, Z24, $500 deductables. If you are a single male, your rates are going to suck. Doesn't matter what age. Waiting till you are 25 or 30 for your big insurance break?? It is a myth....not going to happen. My insurance dropped each time, but only by a couple bucks per month. Until I get married or have kids, I am going to pay higher rates. Now my cav costs me $20/month, but that is because it now only has liability and is a "pleasure" vehicle.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 3:23 PM
single male, under 25, 1 accident, 1 "25 over" ticket, and I'm payin 189/month for full coverage on an 02 LS sport. That is through state farm in the 64138 zip code
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:40 PM
Uhhh, if you are over 25 and your rates are that high, you have some serious driving issues. I live in Chicago, and so does my friend. He was paying full coverage on an 04 Mazda 3 S, which case it was $18,900 and 160hp. Point I'm trying to make is that its a hell of a lot more then a Cavy and its faster. His insurance went from $189 a month, to $75 when he hit 25. He got a quote on an Evolution MR and an STi , and his insurance only went up by about $15. Point being, with a perfect driving record, once you hit 25, your rates DROP ridiculoously. If the company you are with claims it doesn't, find a new company, plain and simple.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 7:41 PM
Exodus 259 wrote:Uhhh, if you are over 25 and your rates are that high, you have some serious driving issues. I live in Chicago, and so does my friend. He was paying full coverage on an 04 Mazda 3 S, which case it was $18,900 and 160hp. Point I'm trying to make is that its a hell of a lot more then a Cavy and its faster. His insurance went from $189 a month, to $75 when he hit 25. He got a quote on an Evolution MR and an STi , and his insurance only went up by about $15. Point being, with a perfect driving record, once you hit 25, your rates DROP ridiculoously. If the company you are with claims it doesn't, find a new company, plain and simple.
Uhhhh...you don't even live in the same state as me...your rates are regulated by completely different rules and regulations. Can't even compare your rate to mine. And no I don't have any driving issues...100% clean record...no tickets, no nothing.

$18,900 and 160hp? How is that a hell of a lot more than a Cav? Mine cost $17,300 and has 150hp. My tC cost $18,300 and has 160hp and costs roughly the same per month as my cav did insurance wise. My rates quoted were barely any different if I were buying a Mazda3, tC, TSX, or a 260hp Maxima. The rates were always within $5 per month of each other. There are way too many factors when it comes to insurance costs to compare easily, especially when we are talking about completely different parts of the country. As you can see from my initial post, rates here in KC changed by 70% from me moving 20 miles West.

I'm sure I could shop around and possibly get a different rate, but anytime I find cheaper car insurance, the home owners insurance rate sucks rocks. When I find cheap home owners, the car rates suck. I shopped around a couple years back and nothing was drastically different between companies other than what they had to offer for various misc coverages.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:47 PM
My point to you is that I live in a CITY, and city drivers have higher insurance rates right off the bat due to a lot more cars, a lot higher chance for collision, and a high rate for uninsured drivers.

How exactly did your Cav cost $17,3? I got my 05 Cavalier for $11.700 and it was brand new right off the lot??
Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:21 AM
There were absolutely no rebates in '99 so they were selling for normal price. Not the much cheaper prices that were available in '02 and later when GM was doing anything they could to move cars off the lots.

And I understand the concept of living in the city, that is the difference in 64014 and 64111.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:11 PM
Another thing to take into consideration is how much coverage you are going to have, such as the minimum liability for KC is I believe 50k, which will be alot cheaper then what I have which is 300k worth of coverage. As far are rates, I just had an 03 loaded sunfire qouted at 115 a month in a 66062 zip with a 500 colision and 200 comp deductibles, 300k of liablilty plus p.i.p., and an extra 3k worth of extra coverage (for mods and such), I also have three tickets on my record. But keep in mind I also have a muilt car dicount I own a truck and a sedan as well, and the fire was qouted as a pleasure vehical only. Sooo.

Tara, I will love and miss you forever, you will never be forgotten
http://tara-nagel.memory-of.com/

Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:42 PM
Wow...Skinny J posts!! Woot!! Glad to see you still troll the boards.

You bring up a good point about coverage. Minimum liability coverage in MO is 25k/50k/25k and I have 100k/300k/100k so that can make a difference.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:20 PM
ahh well im 23 lookin prolly at the north kc area, was lookin at the plaza but may not, did some research and it sure wont be as much as some people been tellng me which is good

Email me at jvanis@gmail.com if interested in 03+ cavy projectors

http://www.aplusperformance.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search