IMSM Show Series - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IMSM Show Series
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:19 PM

What I need from you guys is to post up if you would be interested in competing in a IMSM Car Show Points Series. Pretty much we will base if off of Import Wars and other car shows but you will recieve points for placing at the show. At the end of the year if you win in you class you will be crowned the class champion. We may also do a team points thing as well as teams will get points for placing at the event. We may try and base the points system off the NCCA with our own twist.

However there will be rules and I will make sure these rules are followed STRICTLY for the judges and participants. There will be NO POLITICS in this series what so ever. The committe and judges will be bias and neutral in all aspects of the show. There will be NO DRAMA either. There will be none of this I am not giving you points because you were on another team and I didnt like that team so you are not going to get the points you deserve. If this happens I will pull the plug on the show series and will write up a Letter on the homepage of the IMSM Racing Series on why the plug was pulled on the show series so everyone can see why it was done.

I do not have the time to deal with drama and to be honest with you I do not have the patience. This show series is in talks and the only way it will be a success is if the people who want to have a series follows the rules.

Again this is only in talks and we wont know for sure until Feb 25th. But with your help on posting up we may be able to bring this to life.

Information postes should look like this

Name: Ken Kleindl
Car(s): 1996 Cavalier Z24
Team: Team Altered

Thanks for looking and help us make this a realiity!

Ken

Team Altered Car Club

Re: IMSM Show Series
Thursday, February 09, 2006 5:07 PM
Well you know I'm down, I hope to see a lot of peeps from jbody there since I never made it to any bash I hope a lot come out for this.

Name: Matt Kurtis
Car(s): 2003 cav ls sport
Team: Team Altered

I better see some familiar faces there make it a first jbod/and others meet /show

Check out my cardomain Team Altered

Sunday, February 12, 2006 1:09 PM
Any more takers... come on you guys this is going to be a great event

Team Altered Car Club
Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:25 AM
Hey Ken, who did your sig? I need to find someone to do a cartoon of my car.

Skillz

Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:34 PM
Im down for that

Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:39 PM
Name: Eric Altman
Car(s): 2002 Chevy Cavalier Ls Sport
Team: Balistik Customs

Friday, February 17, 2006 11:46 AM
Thanks eric for signing up lets get some more people out

Skillz13(RacePerformanceParts) wrote:Hey Ken, who did your sig? I need to find someone to do a cartoon of my car.

Skillz

Hey long time no talk ... hit me up on aim and I can hook ya up with a toon maybe

Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:55 AM
Thanks man. What do you need? Just a good qaulity pic? Let me know. I see you are looking for an '03......what happened to the neon plan....

Skillz

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:09 PM
Skillz13(RacePerformanceParts) wrote:Thanks man. What do you need? Just a good qaulity pic? Let me know. I see you are looking for an '03......what happened to the neon plan....

Skillz

Long story...

Right now im kinda swamped to do sigs working on the team site and working with IMSM to get the show stuff taken care of

On that note...

Whos comin out if you want to see the list of people that have signed up so far goto
http://www.imsmracingseries.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:02 PM
Show got the green light so everyone better come out!!!!

Thursday, March 02, 2006 1:47 PM
I'll do some judging if you need someone. I did a couple shows last year as a judge and it was fun.

I hope that if your basing this off Import Wars you have some racing I can clean up in here too That's the only bad thing about these race/show things...it's all 15 second Civics that sound like swarms of bees and 11 second and faster true race cars. Very few fall in the middle ground like me. If you start it up though I'll show up and run. Just make sure theres some good trophies and cash prizes.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:52 PM
hey ryne check out www.imsmracingseries.com/forums

Team altered isnt doing the race part only the show.. the racing part is very competitive..

Thursday, March 02, 2006 7:25 PM
Still...I'd love to be an honorary judge or something I think the most fun I've ever had at a show was judging a VERY competitive show last year. I got to be the one in charge and inspecting instead of the one being inspected.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 10:55 PM
If your possitive your able to be at ALL 3 shows then we should talk more.

Right now were more worried about getting sponsors for the event. Were looking at well over 400 dollars in award costs so every little bit helps...

Friday, March 03, 2006 9:43 AM
Well I talked to Ryan yesterday and told him what I could do for you guys. Unfortunately until I get some more business that's the best I can do.

Friday, March 03, 2006 1:32 PM
If I still had the Cavy I might be down.... but I don't think I'm going to be winning anything with my stock GTO haha... I may stop by though, since I live really close.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Friday, March 03, 2006 2:29 PM
hey now stock class anyone can win just depends how clean it is hint hint

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:15 AM
I dont live close but as long as the cavy lives that long count me in. And i'll try and get it all done by then and cleaned up. Anyone have a place that me and my wife could stay while we are out there. Also what's the best type of paint to use on the interior of a cavy ? My girl want's it to look good if we are to go to this show.

Name: Daniel Lyon
Car(s): 1997 Chevy Cavalier Z24
Team: ????????

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:18 AM
yea you could throw that gto in the srock class and still have a good chance

BIG CHANGES
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:06 AM
Well how stock is stock? haha... I just have a K&N Aircharger intake and muffler delete on it... would that still count as stock?

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:38 AM
^yup 3 mods in the cut off actually

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 10:45 AM
I should bring my van hehe

BIG CHANGES
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:25 PM
I'll bring the families new Ford Minivan

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 6:44 AM
Is anybody going to this on Sunday at Byron? If so, I will probably stop by.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 12:49 PM
I prolly sould of posted an update..

We gathered over 50 people that were interested in the show. However lack of my teams support their is no way I can run the show and put 500 of my own dollars up for the awards.

So the show series has been put off till 2007... Sorry for the inconvience

BTW the racing is still good to go
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search