will a camaro y-pipe fit on cavalier - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
will a camaro y-pipe fit on cavalier
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:13 AM
What's up j-body members I just baught a 4 door cavalier for $100 with a new motor already installed. Well on Craigslist today someone posted a 98 Camero z28 y-pipe for sale for $20. I just want to know how hard would it be to install it on my cavalier.

Re: will a camaro y-pipe fit on cavalier
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:15 AM
sure it'll fit. just put it on the roof, it'll fit fine up there.

but if you're looking to use it in your exhaust, then no.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:27 AM
With enough cutting and welding, but then it would be nothing like a camaro y pipe anymore.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 12:38 PM
Well do you know where I can order a y-pipe for a sunfire gt?
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 2:03 PM
When talking about a camaro, the y-pipe is the part that the pipe from the two manifolds merge into the single exhaust going back. The exhaust then goes into a single muffler with dual outlets to make the car appear to have dual exhaust. People have used these muffler setups on our cars before with decent results. But there is no y-pipe splitting the exhaust into 2 in the back of the car, unless it was custom made or aftermarket.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:05 PM
just drop the dual exhaust. it only adds weight to the system without any performance gain over a single.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 7:23 PM
Is this a serious post?
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:25 PM
you only need one pipe lol

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:02 PM
Don't know what engine you have but you could do what I did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhMSfBRn9u4

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, June 02, 2012 7:35 PM
I kinda want to know how he got from a 4 door cavalier to a sunfire gt??
Sunday, June 03, 2012 1:39 AM
Jordan wrote:I kinda want to know how he got from a 4 door cavalier to a sunfire gt??

...Just a wild guess but you know some Sunfires actually have factory "dual" exhaust. He may have noticed that & wanted to source the factory part.

However I do agree that if you are gonna spend your money in hopes of effiency of performance you shoul buy a single exaust. If you are looking for anisthetic(??? on spelling) value MagnaFlow make a "dual" 2 1/4 exhaust for the 3rd Gen J-Body. I had one back in '06 on my 1st Cavi & I liked it then...didnt sound to Rice-ish. Other companies make them but MagnaFlow is the most well known & readily available. Do a lil research around here or on Google you will find plenty of info for this subject. Good luck w/the build man.

It beats a Honda!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search