more power for 2200 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
more power for 2200
Sunday, May 27, 2012 4:09 PM
does anyone know of a head off another moter that i can get from a junkyard to get a lil more power for my 2200?? or mabe just a cam i could swap ive not got a big billfold thats y im asking for junkyard parts

Re: more power for 2200
Sunday, May 27, 2012 4:14 PM
easy power
cheap

pick two.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, May 27, 2012 5:08 PM
i know that its not all gona be cheap i just didnt know if their was another oem head off another moter that would interchange and give me some more power
Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:16 PM
Dennis Privett wrote:i know that its not all gona be cheap i just didnt know if their was another oem head off another moter that would interchange and give me some more power

nope. as i said

Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:easy power
cheap

pick two.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:19 PM
ok then 2200..easy power
Sunday, May 27, 2012 8:45 PM
Dennis Privett wrote:ok then 2200..easy power

turbo with proper tune, fueling, exhaust, driveline, and shop install.

set aside $10,000 for parts and at least half that for labor.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:06 PM
haha funny right..mabe i should have said cheap lol
Sunday, May 27, 2012 9:26 PM
cheap power is engine swap.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:11 PM
wanna play? you got to pay

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, May 28, 2012 4:53 AM
These guys are right. They've been on this forum forever and forgot more about these cars then most of us will ever know.

Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:easy power
cheap

pick two.

The classic paradox when owning a 2200. You'll either have to pay or swap. If you want the car to be more fun for smaller money, look into the suspension forum.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, May 28, 2012 7:20 AM
Internals for a 2200 aren't all that expensive really. Wouldn't be that hard to build a high compression N/A motor for a few grand.

Monday, May 28, 2012 12:44 PM
yea im racing in a rally race i just cant see dumping a big bunch of money into it i was just looking for a lil more low end torch..but ill just run it until it blows and then go ecotec ive got one with a 5speed on it in the garage i was just thinkn i would try and pull a lil more out of this one before it goes ya know...
Monday, May 28, 2012 2:32 PM
colt45 wrote:Internals for a 2200 aren't all that expensive really. Wouldn't be that hard to build a high compression N/A motor for a few grand.

and be at the same power level of a stock eco or twin cam.

Monday, May 28, 2012 3:12 PM
Sell it and get something else
Monday, May 28, 2012 7:25 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
colt45 wrote:Internals for a 2200 aren't all that expensive really. Wouldn't be that hard to build a high compression N/A motor for a few grand.

and be at the same power level of a stock eco or twin cam.

Quite possibly, but I'm not sure right off how far anyone has gone N/A with a 2200. Anything is possible.

Monday, May 28, 2012 10:03 PM
Bob Guptil. easily over 200WHP.

I need a new sig.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:47 AM
Thank you. I was reading a thread he had started a few years ago, but was never able to find it again. Here it is How to get 200whp from an LN2

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:02 PM
colt45 wrote:Thank you. I was reading a thread he had started a few years ago, but was never able to find it again. Here it is How to get 200whp from an LN2

so $9k on a race only engine is what you're thinking the OP is looking for? there would be no way in hell you could ever use that engine on the street and have any kind of longevity. apples and oranges my friend.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:03 PM
I was thinking more Bobs own engine. all the internals were from the LN2 engine family. Granted it had the 2.2 block with 2200 pistons and a shaved block and head, but no matter, he had an easy 190-200+ HP at the wheels. an NA build with a proper tune should potentially net the same numbers and be more reliable than the LD9 with no oil work done. IF I had the money to do this, there is a high chance I would have, but, it's just not in the cards currently.

I need a new sig.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:57 PM
I've got a 2200 right now with a CAI, ported and polished head and full 2.25" exhaust. It's still not fast, sorry to say lol. With 1.6 rockers and a cam regrind for $400 I could be at stock LD9 and Eco levels.

So to answer the OP's question, no. Enjoy the reliability and cheap parts.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:08 PM
When money allows, I'm going to order a nice aggressive cam and see how far an LN2 can be pushed while being kept streetable and cheap to run and maintain, or at least until I'm on the top of the LN2 N/A list, then I plan for some boost.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:15 PM
Brad (ceyenne red beast) wrote:I was thinking more Bobs own engine. all the internals were from the LN2 engine family. Granted it had the 2.2 block with 2200 pistons and a shaved block and head, but no matter, he had an easy 190-200+ HP at the wheels. an NA build with a proper tune should potentially net the same numbers and be more reliable than the LD9 with no oil work done. IF I had the money to do this, there is a high chance I would have, but, it's just not in the cards currently.

not trying to take anything away from Bob. but his numbers are unconfirmed. HOWEVER, if he were to dyno his 200 hp build, and show proof of those numbers, i'd replicate it tomorrow.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:06 PM
colt45 wrote:When money allows, I'm going to order a nice aggressive cam and see how far an LN2 can be pushed while being kept streetable and cheap to run and maintain, or at least until I'm on the top of the LN2 N/A list, then I plan for some boost.

You just can't order an aftermarket 2200 cam lol

You're going to need to do a lot of research. I've already done it and that's why I haven't done more N/A mods. Before you even touch the bottom end, you'll have spent more money than a decent turbo kit would run you.

I wish you all the luck in the world but there are soooooo many that have had that same goal and simply given up. I simply made my 2200 formidable enough to keep up with traffic and now I've got a 280Z that I don't have to build lol

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:20 AM
I did have some specs for most of a build at one point, but life kinda got in the way. Its more of a pipe dream at this point. By the time I get the extra money, I might just say screw it and buy the fiero I've been looking at. Has a 355 small block swapped into it.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:09 AM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:
colt45 wrote:When money allows, I'm going to order a nice aggressive cam and see how far an LN2 can be pushed while being kept streetable and cheap to run and maintain, or at least until I'm on the top of the LN2 N/A list, then I plan for some boost.

You just can't order an aftermarket 2200 cam lol

You're going to need to do a lot of research. I've already done it and that's why I haven't done more N/A mods. Before you even touch the bottom end, you'll have spent more money than a decent turbo kit would run you.

I wish you all the luck in the world but there are soooooo many that have had that same goal and simply given up. I simply made my 2200 formidable enough to keep up with traffic and now I've got a 280Z that I don't have to build lol

Why not just buy a cam? Ipp sells em. Some ppl can do more harm than good by trying to design their own cam.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search