exhaust advice on tuned motor - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust advice on tuned motor
Sunday, January 31, 2010 9:27 PM
I got a 99 2.4 with secret cam swap, HO manifold and TB, TO boys intake, and an under drive pulley with the motor HP Tuned, now when it was HP tuned the second cat was deleted so with that being said, do I need to add a cat into my custom exhaust? if it is delted then there is no need for a cat there right? If thats true then my exhaust as of right now is rk sport 4-2-1 header, 2.5" downpipe to flex pipe, to 2.5" piping to 18" resonator, then 2.5" mandrel bent to a flowmaster two chamber mufller. is that a decent exhaust fo rthe mods I have done?

Re: exhaust advice on tuned motor
Monday, February 01, 2010 11:20 AM
Rich, the post cat O2 was deleted from the PCM, you still need to run a cat if you want the car to pass e-test. A magnaflow high flow one from hott exhaust will do perfect for it.

Monday, February 01, 2010 11:59 AM
darren I am talking about the one after the flex pipe. should I have one there? I thought that was the one that was eliminated?

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 5:56 PM
there is only 1 cat on a car there is 2 O2 sensors the manifold & post cat the post cat just measure the effcientcy of the cat its not a big deal i have my post cat o2 removed aswell

JBO since July 30, 2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search