Rear o2 sensor bypass - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear o2 sensor bypass
Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:40 AM
Im going to be removing my cat on my 97 cavalier z24 and i was wondering if anyone knew which resistor values and what not i would need to fool the computer to think that the o2 is there and working (pretty much just so the light dont turn on). Or if anyone has any other ideas on how to fool the computer.

Re: Rear o2 sensor bypass
Sunday, January 31, 2010 12:58 PM
why are you removing the cat?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, January 31, 2010 1:13 PM
I'm not going to ask why you're doing this, but I will tell you that unless you have other serious mods, you gain next to nothing by doing so. That being said, the best thing I've seen people do that actually works (I'm a PA inspection mechanic) is going to advance auto/auto zone/whatever and buying two(2) SPARK PLUG foulers. Drill them out to accommodate the tip of the rear sensor, screw them together, thread them into the factory bung in the exhaust, and then re-install the factory sensor into that apparatus. It sticks out kind of far, but thats the idea. This way, most of the gas goes right by the sensor location without being read and only a small amount will reach the sensor, tricking it into thinking the cat is working. If you want to read up on this just google it. It's everywhere, as this seems to work across most makes and models (I first saw it on a Honda forum). Some have only had to use 1 fouler, but most report that it only works with 2 or more.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:00 PM
well i believe that my cat might possibly be getting plugged and just dont got the money for a new cat. No im not looking for high horespower gains or something like that..or any power gains for that matter. since money is short ill prolly just cut it out and put a piece of pipe in there for now and in the mean time i dont want the engine light on.
Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:12 PM
new cats can be had for $40. do it this way, the light will be off, and you'll have an epa certified cat.

Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:23 PM
well money is that tight for me haha just got done spending money for my stereo. and i can just use some spare pipe at the shop. so that wont have any cost to me. but i have heard of doing this...http://zero-signal.org/o2/O2bypass.html.htm but i was wondering if thats the same for all 02s or if i need a different sized ones.
Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:52 PM
i run the spark plug anti foulers behind my Magnaflow high flow cat

Sunday, January 31, 2010 3:16 PM
if you have to not run a cat, jsut do the antifoulers.

Monday, February 01, 2010 4:28 AM
zzp o2 simulator. thats what i use
Monday, February 01, 2010 3:48 PM
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 11:21 AM
well its been over a month since i have cut off my cat and no codes...so i guess i really don't need a bypass at all.

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 8:33 PM
Sure the bulb's not out? haha

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 8:39 PM
Sure the bulb's not out? haha

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 9:13 PM
Ryan Pitt wrote:Sure the bulb's not out? haha
you waited a whole six minutes to repost that?

Thursday, March 04, 2010 8:41 AM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
Ryan Pitt wrote:Sure the bulb's not out? haha
you waited a whole six minutes to repost that?

He posted yesterday morning. Not sure why I got the double post though...

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, March 04, 2010 10:05 AM
nope the light works so...not going to worry about it haha
Friday, March 05, 2010 3:29 AM
I have a rear o2 simulator on my car, but I just bought HP Tuners, so once I flash it I wont have a use for it.

You want to buy it?
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:13 PM
my cel finally came on today for the cat lol....so it does work. its just slow
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search