Not what I ordered - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Not what I ordered
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 11:30 AM
So yea Friday, June 31st I order my RK Sport Duel exhaust system. Expecting it to be delivered last week...seeing as I got an email the following Monday saying "your order is in stock will be shipped within 1-2 days. It never came....Well yesterday I get an email your order will be shipped in 3 days...Dad calls me today says my exhaust just got there, so I go up to the plant and see that is not what ordered.... It is the $900+ Magnaflow Duel Exhaust system...IKNORITE!!!! Is it just the name that makes this system cost more or is better?

Re: Not what I ordered
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 11:40 AM
magnaflow sounds like @!#$!

WiGM-Tuners member.

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 11:51 AM
the only magnaflow i'd run is the high flow cat

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 12:19 PM
02_redbadged wrote:magnaflow sounds like @!#$!

X2, I had the duals on my old sunfire and I hated the way it sounded.

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 12:54 PM
Just make sure to add a resonator..
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 1:03 PM
4 cyl motors have no business running duals imo.

i like my single magnaflow. sounds fine.

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 2:33 PM
yeah i had the magnaflow duals and it didnt sound bad but i didnt like it and it honestly looked like crap in my opinion...thats y i changed out to a single...still a magnaflow muffler...sounds a whole lot better

but to each his own...if u like it then thats all that matters....

2003 LS SPORT: suspension and brake upgrades for now...motor and boost coming son

2008 Cobalt SS/TC: the fast car
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 2:42 PM
I thought that the RKSport dual exhaust system was made by Magnaflow, or at least used Magnaflow mufflers. I think you got what you paid for?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:30 PM
Rage wrote:So yea Friday, June 31st I order my RK Sport Duel exhaust system. Expecting it to be delivered last week...seeing as I got an email the following Monday saying "your order is in stock will be shipped within 1-2 days. It never came....Well yesterday I get an email your order will be shipped in 3 days...Dad calls me today says my exhaust just got there, so I go up to the plant and see that is not what ordered.... It is the $900+ Magnaflow Duel Exhaust system...IKNORITE!!!! Is it just the name that makes this system cost more or is better?

Actually you can get the TRUE magnaflow dual exhaust system for about $500

RK Sport has Magnaflow make their exhaust for them. The RKSPORT exhaust (made by magnaflow) sounds like crap. The True Magnaflow system sounds much better. If you search you will see these same comments.

The RK Sport one does not come with a resonator, where as the true magnaflow system does.

RK Sport system is worth about $400, being it does not have a resonator...

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:32 PM
So IMO the RK Sport system is WORSE than the true magnaflow system. You should have got the true magnaflow system. We carry both, and the true magnaflow systems sells 10X better than the cheap RK Sport setup

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 5:04 PM
People here are a bunch of hypocrites. Just a year ago everyone would swear by magnaflow now it's reversed? Wtf is that @!#$. Same with spec clutches, everyone swore by them and now they say the opposite.

I have a full magnaflow exhaust (cat, res, dual mufflers) and I get compliments all the time. I LOVE the look of duals on my flower. Take a look, that @!#$ looks slick. The sound is loud and mean. I went from straight pipe (no res) to a small res, then a 4" round 18" long magna res, and i'd say go for the big resonator it evens out the tone nice.

Only prob i've encountered is that the mufflers hang low. So if you're car is lowered you should take a little extra precaution going up steep car wash ramps or speed bumps, or you'll get a little scrap.

Get a nice header while you're doing the exhaust. It'll save some hassle and cash, it's worth waiting if you have to save up for one.

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 5:12 PM
AFAIK The RKsport system used to use just Magnaflow components, I believe made to RKS spec by M.flow, but now they are one in the same. Doesn't matter which one you order you get the same kit from either RKS or M.flow.

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 7:12 PM
oh well, I didn't know RK had M-flow make there stuff. Figured Company like RK would produce there own or atleast have their name stamped on it. But any who, I got it installed this evening... I love the sound of it. Deep smooth tone. and I think it looks very good. Fits very nice with the AAS Rear Bumper. To me an opinion is like a but hole, everyone has one. Some will like, some wont, some will love and some will hate, with very little evidence to prove their reason. I do also already have a set of pacesetter headers, only thing missing is the cat, which will be coming soon enough. Gotta get body work and paint done now before anything else, wanted to at least get exhaust on to see whether or not i would have to do any work on the back bumper

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 7:21 PM
Rage wrote:I do also already have a set of pacesetter headers

Orly? lol

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 7:29 PM
IKNORITE lol TYPO pardon me while i burst into flames. But yet i have "A pacesetter HEADER" good looking out homie...LOL

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:30 PM
I've never heard the Magnaflows. Anyone got an exhaust clip?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 10:05 PM
YouTube be your friend

Tuesday, August 04, 2009 10:05 PM
I can try and get one and post it up tomorrow

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:22 AM
I am running the same set up,Pacesetter header,Magnaflow cat,And Magnaflow dual exhaust,It sounded good but was still raspy,Do yourself a huge favore and install a resonator,It made mine sound so much nicer..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search