Header and Cat addition - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Header and Cat addition
Sunday, August 02, 2009 8:35 PM
I have a 99' 2.2 OHV 3 speed auto.

I currently have cold air intake and axle back 2.25 in. custom non mandrel bent exhaust.

If I add an RK sport or Magnaflow cat and a Pacesetter header, how much hp am i looking at gaining. If I only do one at a time?

Re: Header and Cat addition
Sunday, August 02, 2009 11:56 PM
header 2-5 whp...
high flow 1-4 whp...
total 3-9whp on a good day.....

thats my honest opinion not backed up by any facts what so ever!!! Do not expect a night and day change! at the most, cause every engine is different... a 13 hp increase. Tuning with the added airflow will help.
Monday, August 03, 2009 6:50 PM
youre butt-dyno will fell like your car gained over9000 horsepower.

the sound will change and youll think youre going faster, the only real sound youll be hearing is the decrease in your gas mileage

Eat my shift
Monday, August 03, 2009 7:35 PM
m2..MY CAR IS SLOW= wrote:]youre butt-dyno will fell like your car gained over9000 horsepower.

the sound will change and youll think youre going faster, the only real sound youll be hearing is the decrease in your gas mileage

A header and a high-flow cat. will actually increase your gas mileage.

I have the pacesetter 4-1 header, i think you'll like the change in sound. My only advise would be getting ceramic coating not the painted header. The painted header will increase engine bay temps.
Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:13 PM
I want my cav's power level to be over 9000!
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:55 PM
if u run a pacesetter header use a mag highflow cat and throw away the 2.25 pipes that come with it
mark around the 2"curb colector and intall 2.5" pipe from there to the cat keep the cat in the origional position
use a flex pipe instead of spring bolts and make sure the muffler out the back has a rating of more than 308cfm if ur exhaust wont flow a minimum of that u wont gain but youl loose hp
a full 2.5" system with glasspack as a muffler.
this will act as one big collector and collectors are what make hp
this will allow the pressure wave in your exhaust to have a zero loss from backpressure

if it start the next day it can be driven harder
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 5:43 PM
IMO, Exhaust doesn't add anything serious enough to even be worried about cfm's......

Yes, it will help. But nothing really more than noise.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search