borla stainless clamps - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
borla stainless clamps
Saturday, August 01, 2009 3:41 PM
Ok so i was goofin around today and i saw these http://www.borla.com/products/product_multi_detail.aspx?cat=2&type=7&desc=Universal+Mufflers,+Tubing+%26+Hardware|Stainless+Band+Clamps and i was wondering if those would be effective for attaching tubing together as opposed to welding (which i dont have the skill to do). Im prepared to get flamed for asking... but i am curious cuz it seems pretty practical

Re: borla stainless clamps
Saturday, August 01, 2009 4:34 PM
band clamps work well , check out summit , or jegs , they sell similar clamps about half that price

they do make things easier if your gonna pull the system apart , or to put the system together so you take it and get welded up , 1 thing is the pipes have to slip into each other , you can use those clamps to butt to pipes together

Saturday, August 01, 2009 8:11 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]1 thing is the pipes have to slip into each other , you can't use those clamps to butt to pipes together
Fixed.

These are just to replace traditional clamps. They don't offer any other function that holding a slip-fit system together.

Saturday, August 01, 2009 8:18 PM
thanks , typo dam it

Sunday, August 02, 2009 5:48 PM
so they're no better than regular old saddle clamps?

Sunday, August 02, 2009 6:43 PM
They are better clamps, but your first post asked about using them instead of welding, indicating you thought you could use them to butt same diameter pipes together.

Sunday, August 02, 2009 7:07 PM
is there any kind of clamp that can?

Sunday, August 02, 2009 9:36 PM
butt joint band clamps
do some searching around summit or jegs.com to find the rite size you're lookin for.

Monday, August 03, 2009 6:52 AM
Jon D wrote:butt joint band clamps
do some searching around summit or jegs.com to find the rite size you're lookin for.

i have those. One thing to consider is that they recomend putting more support in the exhaust system, as the clamps can not support as much weight as traditional style do.

I have most of my system welded, but use the band clamps so I can disconnect the system at the downpipe quickly and easily.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search