sunbird 88 GT - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sunbird 88 GT
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:42 PM
i wanna put a cold air intake but off my cold air intake box has the main hose that goes into the turbo charger and a about a 1/2 tube that goes into the top on the head i wanna now how i would do a after market cold air intake and wat i would do with the second house (1/2 hose) and wats it for ??

Re: sunbird 88 GT
Saturday, August 01, 2009 3:08 AM
Remove the stock air cleaner can and there's a plastic piece underneath that can be opened up to get outside air. The second hose is part of the crancase breather system. You can re-connect it to the intake air tube or you can buy a little filter to hook up to it. Just don't leave it open because dust and dirt drawn into the engine won't do good things.

-->Slow
Saturday, August 01, 2009 8:03 AM
thank you
Saturday, August 01, 2009 8:04 AM
would it be worth it to replace the turbo bc it is grinding around 2000 rpm / 40 mph
Saturday, August 01, 2009 9:10 AM
Nelson welke wrote:would it be worth it to replace the turbo bc it is grinding around 2000 rpm / 40 mph

yes.....grinding = bad mmmkay.

Saturday, August 01, 2009 8:22 PM
ok that prb wat im gonna do cuz its only got 70,000 miles and i just put a cold air intake runs much better but ill pro just stay stock with the turbo tho
Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:21 PM
Can u change the bost on an 88 turbo sunbird and if it is possible do u do it thru the bost silonoid or the bost controller ??
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search