2200 ohv valve cover mod - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 ohv valve cover mod
Monday, July 27, 2009 3:32 PM
i did the search and didn't find info.need to know if anyone has modded the valve cover to help relieve crankcase pressure by adding anther nipple to the pcv side of the cover.did you block off the pcv chamber underneath so that only the little hole is left????? this is what i had in mind but need some expierienced member to confirm as this is a very important part i don't want to half ass thanks ahead for any responce.

Re: 2200 ohv valve cover mod
Monday, July 27, 2009 3:46 PM
i would think the better question is why do you have so much crankcase pressure that you need a supplemental vent?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, July 27, 2009 6:26 PM
no pcv per say just a breather nipple,so when boost is applied ccpress is charged up and really no where to go but out breather and blow rear main or front seal so before i start to boost iwant to give it some relief or am i wrong. thanks
Monday, July 27, 2009 7:13 PM
pete toures wrote:no pcv per say just a breather nipple,so when boost is applied ccpress is charged up and really no where to go but out breather and blow rear main or front seal so before i start to boost iwant to give it some relief or am i wrong. thanks
Trust me when I say you don't need to worry about it......The only time you are going to get that type of blowby is when you break a ringland which will eventually happen on the stock pistons (the gap is too tight).

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:25 PM
Im guessing you mean something like this?
Im a pioneer when it come to the 2200 2.2 on this forum.
I will do anything if it hasnt been done.
They are 1/2"NPT aluminum couplings, then I put a barbed 90* fitting on there and routed the PCV hoses behind the engine under the car, to cause vacuum while driving.
My car also has LS1 valvetrain, notice the valve cover spacer because it sits about .275 higher.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:12 PM
well that's exactly what i mean.yuo did this to relieve cc pressure correct? why 2 extra bungs just more relief?did you mod the chamber underneath cover where little hole feeds? are you hooked up to a real type pcv or check valve on thenon breather side?sorry for all questions been a long time seaching for this info. that looks sweet nice job. why the ls1 valvetrain,never heard anything like that?

thanks alot
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:33 PM
The LN2 can be modded using some sbc parts. Very similar design from what I understand.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:29 AM
That entire valve train is LS1. I bored out the guides to accomodate new custom valves with a higher installed height. All chrome-moly parts, locks, retainers, extended pushrods, springs, shims.

Works great, its been running for about 3 months with no problems
Friday, July 31, 2009 12:26 AM
Phil, you can still get those valve cover spacers right? When I get the extra cash...I want one.

'00 GMC Sonoma 2.2L
'02 Chevy Cavalier 2.2L
Saturday, August 01, 2009 10:18 AM
Yeah I sell the spacer for $75 plus shipping.
Its water jet cut out of 6061 Aluminum.
I advise using studs for the valve cover if planning on using my spacer.
Saturday, August 01, 2009 5:30 PM
These pix brought a tear to a noobs eye man. Wow! Thanks for this post...absolutely beautiful!

Monday, August 03, 2009 11:13 PM
Phil Lindsay wrote:Yeah I sell the spacer for $75 plus shipping.
Its water jet cut out of 6061 Aluminum.
I advise using studs for the valve cover if planning on using my spacer.

Can you explain what exactly this will do? If I remember correct, if you use the spacer you wont have to mod the valve cover when you use 1.6 rockers right?

Do you remember what size studs? And did you use 2 gaskets...one on each side of the spacer?

Thanks.

'00 GMC Sonoma 2.2L
'02 Chevy Cavalier 2.2L
Monday, August 10, 2009 10:16 PM
Mike (96RedCav) wrote:The LN2 can be modded using some sbc parts. Very similar design from what I understand.

Actually, it's a mix of small-block Chevy & big-block Chevy in terms of design. The head is designed like that of a big-block Chevy, while many of the valvetrain pieces are like that of the small-block... Including the cam's lobe shape!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search