Alright doing an engine swap this weekend. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Alright doing an engine swap this weekend.
Sunday, May 03, 2009 11:25 AM
Okay guys and girls I'm doing an engine swap this weekend because i threw a rod. surprise surprise. well I'll begetting the other engine like Wednesday.I was wandering sense it's out of a junk yard. What all gaskets should i/ do i need to replace. The engine is still in the car because it was hit in the back, I don't know the mileage on it but will find out on Monday. just some input on what i should do to the engine while i have it on the stand and it's easier work on. if you know what i mean...

Thanks ~HeadThumper~

ZCraig

Re: Alright doing an engine swap this weekend.
Sunday, May 03, 2009 11:34 AM
Depends on what engine and what year vehicle the engine is from. You need to post that up for us.
Sunday, May 03, 2009 11:44 AM
Sorry about that. It's the same as mine and same year. 1997 sunfire GT with the 2.4L twin cam/ LD9 My bad

ZCraig
Monday, May 04, 2009 9:25 AM
why not just buy a whole rebuild kit for the new engine? They can be had for a few hundred bucks from any auto parts store.
here is an engine re-ring kit, that can be had for 420 with all new bearings and rings.

Monday, May 04, 2009 3:57 PM
^^^ because he said he threw a rod... basically that means (if it really did 'throw' it) the motor is junk.

biggest thing i can suggest is do a 2.3 oil pump swap so it doesnt happen again.

I'm tired of wasting my time... now I'm breakin' free.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search