Which head??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which head???
Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:51 PM
Im in the process of aquiring an engine with a forged bottom end to put into my Z. This of course will be mated with the ported 086 and some type of camshafts(undecided as of yet). The engine I will be aquiring has a profesionally ported to the max 2.4 head, im not sure about the valves but id imagine they are SS. The old bottom end of my Z is going to be refreshed for my vert.....now the question is what should I go with in the vert? the ported 2.4 head or the 456 2.3 head I have that would be ported by me? Its going to be my daily driver but while the engine is out i might as well have some fun.

Re: Which head???
Friday, March 27, 2009 10:52 AM
I guess I should specify that I know a ported 2.3 head will out flow a ported 2.4 head. Guess I just cant decide which route I feel like going. So any opinions or votes would be nice.

Friday, March 27, 2009 2:45 PM
do you like how ur 086 head is on your car now to where you would like to keep that feel for the vert car? higher comp and all. if ya then id stick to the 2.3 head and run it. if you do that then you could sell off the ported and built 2.4 head and get some money back. now idk what ur planning on doing with the vert, just n/a? if so id rock the 2.3 head to bump the comp and have some power.

Friday, March 27, 2009 3:54 PM
Yeah I love the feel of the Z now but im not sure I feel like pumping premium fuel in the daily driver. Im going N/A. Im wondering how much machining can be done to the factory pistons to decrease some of the compression yet remain reliable. Id love around 10-1.

Friday, March 27, 2009 6:01 PM
i wouldnt do any sort of machining on the stock pistons. they are weak enough as it is.

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Friday, March 27, 2009 8:57 PM
Hmmm I was thinking about that, wonder If i could remove some meat from the combustion chambers.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search