Level Zero Upper and Lower Motor Mount Reviews. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Level Zero Upper and Lower Motor Mount Reviews.
Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:15 PM
I would just like to say I Just got my upper and lower motor mount installed today by Clayten...I Had the RKSport Upper and lower mounts in my car..And I had been very happy with these mounts..And in no way will I bash them in anyway....I decide to go to the LZM Mounts just because I injoy new products by LZM..I have not had them for more then a few hours but have already been pushinig them and I am very happy will go into detail after...The first thing between the 2 mounts on the upper one is the fact that The LZM was built alot closer to factory spec as far as the holes being lined up better..We both noticed on the RKS one the holes were bigger,,My guess would be to allow them to be installed easier for getting things to line up..Down fall to that is more play...As far as the motor being crooked it was not like it was totaly out to lunch just not as accurate..After in stalling the upper mount when we lowered the jack off the oil pan the mount Did not sag down at all,,The motor stayed nice and level..Then off to the lower mount..The RKS lower mount was still in good shape but very basic design..It was alot heaver then the LZM mount and once again the LZM was alot tighter in tolarance than the other...Once we were done I started the car and the Vibes inside the car were alot less than before..I was Happy...Now on the road..I was supprized the vibes were not bad at all..Now keep in mind I also have the Balance Shaft delete kit,,Triflow Cams,And Poly Tranny mounts..So my car will be different to what you may find..At normal driving shifting at 3500 rpm it still does not really vibe the whole car but makes it feel more soild..But when under major load things get a bit noise...I did a pull just to try them..Each shift was done at 7000 RPM...The shifts were very nice,at the top of 3rd grear I was at 145KPH and was done playing but the whole car felt great I had no wheel hop..My car is a DD..And in my feelings on these mounts so far are they are great and this is how a car should feel...I will keep people updated to anything ood or bad I have to say about them..But as of now i am very Happy with the products from LZM..And the Support that backs the product...

Re: Level Zero Upper and Lower Motor Mount Reviews.
Monday, March 23, 2009 9:48 AM
Install Pics ? I am very interested in both of these also....

Monday, March 23, 2009 12:18 PM
Monday, March 23, 2009 12:22 PM
very cool! did you get the ones with bushings?

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Monday, March 23, 2009 1:36 PM
Yes, both mounts were with the rubber bushings.
Monday, March 23, 2009 2:01 PM
Been out with the car all day today..Still taking a great beating..
Monday, March 23, 2009 2:56 PM
paragraphs please. made that impossible to read. but im waiting for mine still. been in the shipping stage for 3 weeks now.

Monday, March 23, 2009 3:36 PM
Yes sorry about the wrie up....But you will be happy once you get yours...
Monday, March 23, 2009 5:59 PM
so rubber bushings? why not urathane?

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Monday, March 23, 2009 6:05 PM
Nice to hear that the lower mount is lighter than the RK lower mount.
So the LZM upper and lower mount should drop alot of weight with their installation and yes, I'm all into weight reduction for the 'blu.
Nice write up and exactly what I wanted to hear about the product.
I'll be getting mine in the mail soon as I made the purchase a few days ago.
The LZM mounts are by far the best mounts I've seen and the added benefit is the lighter weight.
I have nothing against the RK mounts or the TTR mounts as they're all great mounts with never an issue on either of them.
But when I see something new, refined, and having a more purposeful place in the car, I'm all for change and thank LZM for making this possible.
In a world of competition for your dollars, LZM came through with a product that sold me.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, March 23, 2009 6:37 PM
Group purchase for both mounts together????id be down for that.

Monday, March 23, 2009 7:15 PM
(hopes his is waiting on his doorstep at home)

Monday, March 23, 2009 7:33 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:Group purchase for both mounts together????id be down for that.

x2

Monday, March 23, 2009 8:11 PM
Pics?!?!

Monday, March 23, 2009 8:14 PM
There are pics posted in the photo form under lots of motor mounts..
Monday, March 23, 2009 8:51 PM
like i said, mine has been changed to shipped for almost 3 weeks now... making me a little nervous...

Monday, March 23, 2009 8:56 PM
z yaaaa wrote:so rubber bushings? why not urathane?

and brad read here.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=431545&t=431545

Monday, March 23, 2009 9:16 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:like i said, mine has been changed to shipped for almost 3 weeks now... making me a little nervous...

Don't be nervous you should have it by the end of the week. We clear everything through customs ourselves so our customers don't get dinged with extra fees. The first two batches we sent out took a lot longer to clear through customs then we expected. My broker Informed me this morning that they have cleared and been forwarded on to their respective destinations. USPS is normally pretty good so they should be on peoples steps Thursday-Friday.

Normal shipping time is about 5-6 days from our door to the customers, but this is the first time we've had to do the paperwork for these classifications of products and it did not go as smoothly as normal. I also suspect that the inspectors didn't believe they were car parts
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:57 AM
Level Zero Motorsports wrote:
Vincent Morris wrote:like i said, mine has been changed to shipped for almost 3 weeks now... making me a little nervous...

Don't be nervous you should have it by the end of the week. We clear everything through customs ourselves so our customers don't get dinged with extra fees. The first two batches we sent out took a lot longer to clear through customs then we expected. My broker Informed me this morning that they have cleared and been forwarded on to their respective destinations. USPS is normally pretty good so they should be on peoples steps Thursday-Friday.

Normal shipping time is about 5-6 days from our door to the customers, but this is the first time we've had to do the paperwork for these classifications of products and it did not go as smoothly as normal. I also suspect that the inspectors didn't believe they were car parts

Vincent is from Dixon IL.... (USA)??? State to state customs? LOL

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:00 AM
UHhh, I believe LZM is in canada............

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:23 AM
Yeah We're in Canada. When I've ordered things in the past I've gotten dinged with customs charges, which really sucks as it's mostly over inflated brokerage fees. It costs us a little more and involves extra paperwork but by using our own customs brokers it ensures our customers don't get dinged with unexpected fees.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:50 PM
nice way to go. im sure they will get here just made me a little nervous that its been so long haha. looking forward to it.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:43 PM
I'm in the same boat Vincent. I'm not worried, Clayton is the man and will come through for all of us as usual. I just wish I would have been able to actually use the mount. :o(

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:51 PM
yeah this just means he can get to work on my manifold now right? right right? so that i can have it sooner than next christmas

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:22 PM
Level Zero Motorsports wrote:Yeah We're in Canada. When I've ordered things in the past I've gotten dinged with customs charges, which really sucks as it's mostly over inflated brokerage fees. It costs us a little more and involves extra paperwork but by using our own customs brokers it ensures our customers don't get dinged with unexpected fees.

Oh that makes sense... Didn't know you were from Canada

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search