2200 & eco - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 & eco
Monday, March 16, 2009 9:28 PM
ok im taking off my head form my 2200 i have my header and intake manifold off i believe i have to take off my motor mount also is there anything else that i would have to take off in order to take off the head............now i am going to take out the 2200 out of my car like in a month hopefully what other major things will i have to do in order to fit the ecotec i know that the motor mount will be different and i will have to move my trany mounts also well that is to my understanding is there anything else.

Re: 2200 & eco
Monday, March 16, 2009 10:11 PM
heh? english FTW... It sounds like youre going to need alot more than you think. Are you aware that you'll need a transmission, too?

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:55 AM
theres threds about this. search, i did and i found what i needed. you also need a radiator, only an upper mount, throttle cable isnt a must but they are different, while the trans may be the same, the bell housing bolt pattern is different so you do need an ecotec trans. hmmm, what else...

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 10:40 AM
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:15 PM
yea i do know that i need a tans im not talking about the motor and trans i know i need that i know i need computer wiering harness uper motor mount radiator. but like i did not know that i needed the throttle cable i thought that maybe i would be able to use the same one just move it. ok im sure i do need these but would i have to change my shifter cables, just making sure
Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:25 PM
nope. btw- have you completely read the above link. I would if I was you. The swap isn't hard but you need to plan ahead and make a check list so you don't miss anything.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search