Anyone have a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone have a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust?
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:42 AM
I'm looking at buying the Magnaflow single outlet cat-back exhaust system from RKsport. I wanted to know if anyone has one because I have a few questions. About how loud is the system without any other exhaust modifications? Is the hanger on the muffler in the correct spot for a 2003 Cavalier, because in the picture given on RKsport.com, the hanger appears to be to far to the rear. I know these are specific questions, and that I should probably contact RKsport for the answers, but I figured I would ask here first.

Re: Anyone have a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust?
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:31 AM
Dont get the RK Sport version of the Magnaflow, it sounds like crap.

Get the true magnaflow system found on www.TurboTechRacing.com or any other site you like. It sounds 10X better.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:06 PM
^^^what he said....RK sports version isnt as good. Best bet IMO is to build your own custom Magnaflow setup with a nice big resonator to bring the noise down a bit but mainly to lower the tone of the exhaust. There is also a possibility the hangers could be in the wrong place but that is a simple fix, especially for a professional.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:53 PM
I have the single rk exhaust on my 04 cav, and it doesn't sound too bad. Then again I got it fairly well broken in and used (50 bucks can't complain, lol) I dont mind the sound, though I think I need to get new gaskets & such for it.... the ones I got for it prolly suck but it was a quick install on my part lol. The fact that is well broken in prolly toned down the raspyness of it I'm sure, still havent threw a header on yet tho, but if it gets bad I plan on removing the after cat pipe & replacing it with an equal size resonator if I have to. I'll see if I can snap some shots of it one of these days and throw it up on here if ya like.

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:10 PM
I got the rk sport one thinking about getting rid of it and getting a new one from magnaflow im not real happy with mine

Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:07 PM
I had it on my 02 Cavalier with the 2200. I liked the way it sounded. I got a lot of compliments on it. About to swap it to my current vehicle a 96 2.4. I have it all bolted up and awaiting the motor and trans implant. Already noticed that there is no hanger for the back section to hang from. Will be adding a pacesetter header and a hi flo magnaflow cat to go on it as well.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/importkilla32/Bullit.JPG
Sunday, March 15, 2009 6:19 PM
I bought one about 3 years ago, not from rk sport though. My favorite in my opinion, you can check out how it sounds on magnaflow.com.Im going to put a magnaflow exhaust on my other car.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:49 AM
I made my own complete system using a pacesetter header, a maganflow muffler and cat converter and 2 1/4 piping
I had it all custom bent and installed and it turned out great
Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:26 PM
I have yet to hear a magnaflow on a cav sound good or any straight through muffler for that matter. magnaflow straight through sounds same as any cofee can full of bumblebees would.

but as others said you could buy a magnaflow muffler or any muffler of your choice and have a custom cat back bent up and it welded on with res at a local shop for well under the price of that kit.

and if you were to buy that kit it would bolt on but i would just buy a new muffler strap for the muffler to be sures its snug.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search