2.2 Supercharger - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 Supercharger
Friday, March 06, 2009 3:42 PM
I've searched and searched for one, but I can't find anyone that sells them. They've been discontinued, but I know they're still out there. Anyone know where I can get one for cheap?

Re: 2.2 Supercharger
Friday, March 06, 2009 3:53 PM
Cheap? No.

Any GM dealer will be able to provide you with that kit, I was quoted $2800 for one.

Friday, March 06, 2009 4:17 PM
GM Supercharger Kit - Boost Forum

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Friday, March 06, 2009 5:08 PM
Why do I think he means LN2...

Friday, March 06, 2009 5:18 PM
^^^^^^^^i was thinking the same thing...GO TURBO!!

...and ask in boost section...
Friday, March 06, 2009 5:36 PM
I'll try the boost section. Not going turbo because my car's auto.
Friday, March 06, 2009 5:50 PM
so? plenty of ppl on here have an auto and still go with a turbo...

and which engine do you have?
Friday, March 06, 2009 5:55 PM
why does the trans matter to turbo v. supercharger?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, March 06, 2009 9:20 PM
Well, all the turbo kits say "5 speed only". I've got the 2.2 with an auto 4 speed. Why would they say that if you can run a turbo with the 4 speed?
Saturday, March 07, 2009 3:52 AM
because the piping is laid out for a 5 speed. all you have to do is fabricate around the trans. does no one do any research anymore?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, March 07, 2009 10:05 AM
^^^^^nope

Saturday, March 07, 2009 10:22 AM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:because the piping is laid out for a 5 speed. all you have to do is fabricate around the trans. does no one do any research anymore?

no. people stuff like this handed to them on a silver platter

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:11 PM
Geez... And I thought years ago when some goof just bolted-on some ill-fitting wheels & other do-dads that weren't worth the money for the amount of gain they made was bad. Don't get me wrong... building to improve your vehicle's performance is good. But when you start just boltin' stuff on expecting it to automatically improve, you're wasting time & money. Not to mention pointing out to all those in the know about cars what a complete dork you are. And allot of this new generation is even worse, taking it to a whole new level with their "plug-&-play" mentality.

The only time I ever look to see if something is a total bolt-on is if I don't have workspace really necessary to spend allot of time playing with it, or... I don't feel I have enough experience in the area of fabrication required to confidently do any custom fitting. And believe me... I'd to do something bold & distinctive that's not "ready-made". Hence my sig:

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search