Ebay Cold Air Intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ebay Cold Air Intake
Monday, January 05, 2009 2:11 PM
Whose a good seller, or manufacturer or anything to get a good CAI off ebay? They range from $10 to $50 + and I have no idea.

Re: Ebay Cold Air Intake
Monday, January 05, 2009 2:13 PM
which motor? are you looking for cai

Monday, January 05, 2009 2:32 PM
Its a 98 2200 and yup im lookin for cold air intake for it
Monday, January 05, 2009 4:05 PM
bomz makes a CAI on ebay i think and there pretty good

Thursday, January 08, 2009 12:16 AM
I'd def. recommend the seller "chromeintakes", I bought one for a grand prix, and a Sierra, and he has stupid fast shipping, and at the moment has 143 Intakes for J's ranging in price from like 15-50 pending.

Good @!#$, Trust me.
Thursday, January 08, 2009 2:20 PM
Highprospeed. I have it on my 98 2200 and love it. You have to get a different grommet for the IAT though. The one that it comes with doesn't fit.

The Outlaw
98 Pontiac Sunfire (Christine)
2200 5spd
Red with Black racing stripes.

Don't let the punks get to you. If they can't say anything helpful its because they probably
have VERY LITTLE IF ANY MECHANICAL SKILLS . Talking crap is just their way of hiding that
fact. They figure the more crap they say the less likley anyone will know how dumb they are.
Thursday, January 08, 2009 2:34 PM
I Notice some of these intakes hook up to the box on top of the motor, not directly to the throttle body.
Which of these actually hook to the throttle body?

Thursday, January 08, 2009 7:05 PM
Thursday, January 08, 2009 10:56 PM
I too, would recommend "chromeintakes". As far as quality goes, all it is is a chrome pipe and a filter.

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Saturday, January 10, 2009 12:14 AM
Truth told, the best CAI you could install is one you make yourself that actually catches the headwind the front of the car sees while going down the road (By way of port(s) located in the front fascia ofr bhind the grillwork in the core support) and directs it to the air-filter canister (Filter box). AEM (Was it them?) has just introduced at the SEMA show a kit for DIY'ers that supplies a filter w/ABS-plastic tubing in assorted lengths & bends to all folks to fab their own.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search