Making intake manifold questions - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Making intake manifold questions
Friday, December 12, 2008 12:41 AM
So ive been thinking about the idea of making my own intake manifold. I just have a few questions... What materials and dimensions did you guys use and what kind of gains did you see?

www.rdracing.110mb.com

Re: Making intake manifold questions
Friday, December 12, 2008 5:41 AM
no offense but if your asking about dimensions you don't know enough about this to successfully make your own manifold.

Friday, December 12, 2008 9:22 AM
so.... about the dimensions... i wanted to see if my calculations were anywhere close to what everyone else is using.

www.rdracing.110mb.com
Friday, December 12, 2008 9:46 AM
if you had the knowledge it took to design a proper intake manifold, you would know that you need to take into consideration its primary use: naturally aspirated, boosted, nitrous, etc., what rpm range its most efficient at, and many other factors. basically what i'm saying is what one person may have made for themselves in all likelyhood wouldnt be what you wanted for your build. do you have any goals in mind? besides to say you made an intake?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, December 12, 2008 9:58 AM
Im sorry for the lack of information. I do understand now what you mean and ill take that into account while i am still in the design phase.

www.rdracing.110mb.com
Friday, December 12, 2008 4:40 PM
wow

<table>hello</table>
Friday, December 12, 2008 10:47 PM
wut they said.

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Friday, December 12, 2008 11:18 PM
A lot of things went into consideration when we designed our intake manifold for the ecotec engine, there are general formulas made up for figuring where about your want to be for designing an intake manifold. Our manifold is tuned in for a peak tq gain right around 4000rpm, but changing certain dimensions can change were the peak moves to.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search