Clevite Bearings - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clevite Bearings
Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:16 PM
Anyone got the part numbers for the Clevite connnecting rod and main bearings for the LD9. I tried search and nothing.....I even tried there website and nothing.

GMR has got nothing on this

Re: Clevite Bearings
Friday, December 12, 2008 6:31 PM
no body?.....none of the performance LD9 gurroos out there know this? well....i dont

Friday, December 12, 2008 6:33 PM
What size?

Friday, December 12, 2008 7:17 PM
You try Autozone's website?

Friday, December 12, 2008 7:34 PM
2007-2008 Clevite Master Bearing Catalog wrote:Rod Bearing(4) TM-77 CB-1647P STD,.25mm,.50mm,.75mm
Rod Bearing(4) TM-77 CB-1791P-.25mm .50mm,.75mm (NOTE: Connecting Rods With Housing Bore Resized .002" Larger Than Stock)
Main Bearing Set TM-77 MS-2056P STD,.25mm,.50mm,.75mm

Straight from the 2007-2008 Clevite Master Bearing Catalog, page 370.

Friday, December 12, 2008 9:03 PM
thanks but I couldnt find them on autozone

Saturday, December 13, 2008 3:13 AM
Try Summit Racing. Enter " CLE- " and the part number into the search box at the top of the page. This will give the listing for the parts and when the'll get them to ship. Most (that I checked) come back saying that they'll ship by the end of the month, if ordered today.

Also try your locally owned parts stores. I use CarQuest, they have a warehouse in my local area, they may have one near you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, December 13, 2008 3:17 AM

Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:39 AM
I use RockAuto.com, great prices.

As a side note, I find it hilarious that it took an LN2 enthusiast to answer the LD9 question
But the OP, as he's done numerous times before, will go into constructive LN2 threads just to bash

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:06 PM
thankz....its just I did everything to the LD9 except installing the crank, pistons, rings, and bearings. So now Im going to learn that portion of the build thus why I ask. But I noticed on your previous post MADJACK you as diff. sizes listed. So do I just need to match them with my eagle rods?

Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:48 PM
The Eagle rods should use the standard size bearings (CB-1647P), since the rods should come standard. There is some particulars about the LD9's rods (IIRC, split rod caps) that you can't refit the caps, so the shop would hone the rods and caps oversize, to restore round shape. New rods come to size and shape.

Now if your using a reground crank (rod or main journals), you would need the appropriately sized bearings.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 10:24 PM
dood.. why do you need bearings? please tell me you didnt actually blow up that brand new engine!!!!

Are you scared of the changes coming? The answer is on the inside.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 2:11 PM
No I didnt "BLOW IT UP".....I need to replace the oil or compression ring on cylinder 4. But I wanted to use Clevite main and rod bearings but my machinists installed OEM GM factory bearings. Plus I want to learn how to do it myself.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search