1995 sunfire 2.2L Intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1995 sunfire 2.2L Intake
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 7:14 AM
I need some help please. I have a 95 sunfire 2.2L and i buaght an intake off ebay for dirt cheap. dont waste your time saying the cheap intake doesnt work well etc, i know... but they dont make anytihng else for my car so i figured it couldnt be any worse than a regualr air filter. I was looking at my Oem intake and i saw where the IAC sensor attaches but it looks like an electrical connector, the intake i got has two connector hoses and spots on the metal intake itself for im assuming vacuum lines. How do i go about hooking this intake up to my car? or can i even? it was meant for a 95-97 sunfire, grand am, cavalier, all 2.2L

Re: 1995 sunfire 2.2L Intake
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:14 PM
anyone? would i have to drill a hole in the intake tube and use a rubber gromet to get the IAC in there?
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:19 PM
pull the old IAT out of your stock tube, you may need to drill a hole and get a grommet put it in your new intake.as for the hose, i have NO clue why these companies think we need two nipples in our intakes, we only need one. get a piece of hose and attach it to one of the nipples and the other end to the crankcase vent. then, install the tube, install your IAT with a grommet in the newly drilled hole, and put the filter on the end. enjoy your new intake.

as for the cheapness of the intake, i for one wont bash you for it. an intake is made up of two parts: a tube and a filter. no one here can tell me that one 3" pipe with a non-crushed bend in it will outflow another pipe just like it with an AEM sticker on it, it's just not gonna happen. main thing you should consider though, is the quality of the filter on the end of the tube. i prefer the k&n, but alot of people like the dryflow.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 2:09 PM
nothing wrong with the intake at all, I have the Cosmo Racing intake on my 2.2. I've just upgraded the filter since then.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 5:44 PM
awsome thanks alot very much appreciated
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:37 PM
quick question back o nthis topic, what do i do with the unused nipple? since i am only using 1 of them do i cover the other one? or plug it up?
Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:33 PM
if you're talking about the two nipples on the front, yes, get a plug for one.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:46 PM
that'll prolly work best.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 10:28 AM
OKay i got my intake on, not posting pictures becuase it looks horrible lol, i drilled the hole in the wrong spot for my IAC so i basicalyl used electrical tape to cover it up, so yea its mesed up. Will different filters make different noises? the filer that it came with i believe is very restrictive becuase i dont hear much noise coming from it. i saw above poepel recommended changing it becuase it sucks?
Saturday, December 13, 2008 11:09 AM
The cheaper filter will be more restrictive. Less restriction means less noise i would imagine. I had an intake in my 92 cavalier with a 2.2 n it didnt make much noise either so it may just be the lack of flow in the stock top end. Buy a filter from summit racing, Their brand is supposedly made by K&N.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 7:45 PM
yea i would like to but shipping and brokerage fees are way too much, there more than the filter itself. i thought the more air that flows through the more noise you get and the less air the less sound?

Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:57 PM
Quick question!!!! after i installed my intake and i drove a bit i notice somthing very strange. I know have a vibration in my brake pedal, when i stop and i sit with my tran in drive its like my brakes are vibrating... car still stops fine though and drives fine, once i realease the brake and let the car creep forward it feels like a clicking noise but once i punch it were good. any help? 95 sunfire?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search