Eco Issues? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eco Issues?
Monday, December 08, 2008 11:41 AM
How many people have blown a headgasket with an eco with low milage (mine 61,000m) or at all? i got antifreeze in the oil? no other signs. mobil 1 only every 2,500 aem CAI Full exhuast. header back. I'm just curuios i haven't heard of one blowing the hg whitout boost at least.

Re: Eco Issues?
Monday, December 08, 2008 3:33 PM
It can happen. I had to put in a new eco in a Saturn with 45,000 miles. It blow the head gasket and broke the number 2 piston ring land.. I think his motor went because he would start it and run the crap out of it before letting it warm up.
Monday, December 08, 2008 3:48 PM
Its possible, GM was probably just using cardboard that day so they can pay someone 80/hr to tighten down the head bolts.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Monday, December 08, 2008 4:00 PM
BlackEco wrote:Its possible, GM was probably just using cardboard that day so they can pay someone 80/hr to tighten down the head bolts.

agreed.

But seriously, I haven't heard of it - rare occurance indeed. My bro was a GM tech for five years, and he's only ever heard of a timing chain going at like 200k. Bulletproof they are..

Monday, December 08, 2008 4:08 PM
Wow hard to believe that motor has been around almost 7 years now.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Monday, December 08, 2008 4:44 PM
@!#$ happens. a lot less frequently for the eco since its all-aluminum, but blown head gaskets still happen.

Monday, December 08, 2008 4:57 PM
yeah it's parked still drives fine and doesn't even show signs thats it blown. hopefully this weekend i will get the new motor under warrenty.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 7:40 PM
No problems with my eco at all yet, has 114,000 miles. I do let it warm up a bit before I drive though...especially on colder days, I wait until the temp guage starts to register some temp. I really get on my fiance about it with her car (99 Malibu 2.4L) on colder days she starts it up then smokes a cig before driving off. It has 133,000 miles and still runs strong.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search