possible swaps in a 97 sunfire se - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
possible swaps in a 97 sunfire se
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:13 PM
i have a 97 sunfire se with a 2.2 auto. im debating between a 2.4 or 2.2 ecotec swap. i have knowledge in doing engine swaps but being this car is my daily driver i dont want something to complicated. what swap would be the easiest and cheapest? does a 2.4 twin cam hold decent boost? i want something that has around 200 to 250 horsepower.

Re: possible swaps in a 97 sunfire se
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:25 PM
i dont know how you will do a full car wiring swap on a daily driver?????? even a 2.4 swap is a stretch with it being a daily driver

jason

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 10:59 PM
i can go a week without the car but i dont wanna do having the problems that raven is having with is 3800 sc swap. wiring is no biggie for me. im actually re wiring my 89 mustang starting from nothing.
Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:11 AM
2.4 swap. It took me about a day and a half, welding new tranny mounts(switched to 5 speed). Also the harness is a piece of cake to put on with the motor in. Al you would have to do is swap engine,harness,computer and tranny and be fine. The eco is going to be much harder and expensive. New mount,computer,tranny,engine harness,computer,interior harness,bcm and probably a good bit of wiring. also if you keep it auto all you have to do for a 2.4 swap would be tranny, harness, motor,computer and done. You can use your old axles also.

ps i did my dd on friday and saturday and sunday i rolling agian.
Thursday, November 06, 2008 5:18 AM
The 2.4 swap would be the easiest. If you want to go with a V6 see the third gen forums on the 60Degree V6 swaps, not too hard if your technically inclined.

Thursday, November 06, 2008 7:26 PM
does the 2.4 hold up to boost decent? how much with stock internals?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search