making more hp with 05 sunfire - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
making more hp with 05 sunfire
Monday, April 21, 2008 7:16 PM
hello i have a 2.2ecotec sunfire i got a AEM cold air intake...but my friend has a b16 honda ek, and the other one has a b18 eg. How do i make my sunfire faster than theirs?

Re: making more hp with 05 sunfire
Monday, April 21, 2008 7:44 PM

no really... there are LOTS of threads for you to read through. hit up the Search button for the Ecotec supercharger/turbocharger threads.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Monday, April 21, 2008 7:45 PM
That B16 is anywhere from 150 to 185 hp with anywhere from 111 to 118lbs torque.
Their torque sucks balls IMHO.

That B18 is anywhere from 130 to 190 hp with a torque rating for both around 130lbs.

You are at 140hp and 150lbs torque.

So, from what I hear with a CAI, header, 2 1/4 full exhaust and cat this makes your at the motor hp at 165 with torque around 170.

The B16 does not look just based on engine to engine numbers like it would win with the above mods.
I don't know the weight differential though, and that could be the deciding factor.

The B18 will at best for you lose on the low end then catch up and pass you.

You can go with the GM supercharger, it will give you 200hp and 210lbs of torque.
That should put either of these Hondas behind you.

The kit is around $2700 and is available at www.crateenginedepot.com, installation is around $750.

Turbos are available and can make more power, but you should then realize the kit costs more, the install costs more and other parts like the tranny and axles would be a concern for me when getting number around 250hp.

You can also go with the nitrous which is a lot less money.
Get a wet kit...
Monday, April 21, 2008 8:12 PM
honestly theres not much you can do to add power. You have an intake already, have you thought about cutting the muffler off and just running a straight pipe? Headers would propbobally make it fast, my friend has a Focus and headers gave him like 30hp.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 11:31 AM
Mike85220 wrote:So, from what I hear...
You heard wrong...

Darkstars wrote:honestly theres not much you can do to add power. You have an intake already, have you thought about cutting the muffler off and just running a straight pipe? Headers would propbobally make it fast, my friend has a Focus and headers gave him like 30hp.
I lol'd

Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:34 PM
hey man i just came to this site today so im a noob but i have a 05 sunfire man trans with a full pace setter header back to 2.5 pipe with an obx high flow cat. I also have the aem cold air intake. with that i ran better than both the new civic si, and the 2002 turboed gti with a time of 14.8 at thompson raceway madison ohio. so if you want a pretty big gain go with the head back u wont regret it. my full exhaust cost me around 750 bucks.. good luck man.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search