high flow cat - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
high flow cat
Saturday, May 24, 2008 7:24 PM
Im looking for some recommendations on a high flow cat for my 04 sunfire, and i was wondering if anybody makes one thats a direct bolt-on for my car?

Re: high flow cat
Sunday, May 25, 2008 2:09 PM
check out the Magnaflow website. I can't remember the part number but there is one a lot of people are using from them. Use the search feature on this website, you may find what you want.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 2:24 PM
there are no direct bolt on high flow cats.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Sunday, May 25, 2008 4:06 PM
Viper98912 wrote:there are no direct bolt on high flow cats.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, May 26, 2008 3:09 PM
I tried searching but couldnt find exaclty what i needed, do the magnaflow ones have an outlet for the senser?
Monday, May 26, 2008 4:43 PM
cat

been running one of these for quite some time now, no check engine light, and works (and looks) great.

Monday, May 26, 2008 6:27 PM
thats exactly what i needed to see, now for the important question how much louder does it make your car and/or does it free up any horsepower as well?
Monday, May 26, 2008 6:30 PM
are you replacing anything bt the cat? if not, then there's no point unless your current one is clogged.

Monday, May 26, 2008 6:35 PM
i already have tsudo headers on there and an aftermarket muffler but thats just for looks
Monday, May 26, 2008 6:56 PM
header... lol dont mind me
Monday, May 26, 2008 6:58 PM
ya headers, you no i gotta v8 in there doesnt everybody? lol
my fault thanks for correcting me i do that all the time w/o realizing it

Monday, May 26, 2008 7:14 PM
lol
Monday, May 26, 2008 7:24 PM
run 2.25 pipe from the header to the cat, put a LARGE resonator (thrush glasspack), more 2.25 pipe, and a muffler of your choice. best sound, best gains, no rasp.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:31 AM
not a bad idea, but how do you think it would work out with a vibrant cat back exhaust? b/c i was also thinking of getting that
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:31 AM
well my opinion would be that you could put in ur aftermarket cat and the vibrant cat back, but you may find it too loud/raspy so you might have to chop it up and toss in a nice big resonator just after the cat.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:41 AM
ummm, catco makes direct fit cats for the j's I have not checked to see if they had one out for the eco's yet, but they do make them for 2200, 2.2, & 2.4?

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:08 AM
good point although i do like it loud so that part would be fine and ill have to check out that website thanks
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:30 PM
i have a question if i get the cat that rich grayo posted and i already have a 2.25 cat back will it be really loud?

click sig for my car audio videos
Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:32 PM
and i have a 97 z24 do i need the o2 nut thing?

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:45 PM
comes with an o2 bung already welded on. and so long as you have a resonator and muffler you're golden. no load at 55 in 5th, you cant hear my car. as soon as i open the taps though, it lets you know its not stock. no rasp.

pacesetter ceramic header - thunderbolt ceramic cat - thrush glasspack - mandrel stainless 2.25 - dynomax superturbo - cheap chrome slant cut resonated tip. i may try to get a sound clip tomorrow.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:24 PM
yea but my question is does my car have the sensor in the cat? again its a 97 cav z24

Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:18 AM
take a look? if there's a sensor after the cat, then yeah. MOST cars made after 96 had the post cat sensor. there are a few exceptions, but just look. cant miss it.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:40 AM
before i post let me say that YES i am retarded...lol where would it be located on top of the cat or on the side?

its raining today so i dont think ill look till tomarro or later.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:38 AM
cant miss it if you look at the cat from the drivers side. dont have to jack the car up even, just look at your cat. if there's a sensor there, then yeah, ye need the sensor.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:13 PM
the sensor is on the third gens will be right behind the cat on the drivers side of the pipe.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search