*OFFICIAL FEELER* remote FPR bracket for J-bodies - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
*OFFICIAL FEELER* remote FPR bracket for J-bodies
Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:05 AM
Whats up guys? Here is the deal a lot of us are running Remote located Fuel Pressure Regulators. Unless you are a whiz at welding your left with a missing piece. The problem with our Jbody platforms is that the support to relocate a FPR is not there. Well Induction Dynamics has the cure for us and are willing to make us up some of there fittings as shown below. I have been in Contact with Elizabeth for a few weeks now and here is all the info on pricing and everything straight from them. Please let me know your interest in the fitting as i am trying to gather up 10-20 people for a GP. Also i want to note that this fitting will basicly work on ANY GM that uses the same style FPR. Yes it will work on the OHV, ECO and Quad motors.

This is the information she emailed me a week ago......
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
Hi Joshua,

The price for a lot of 10 fittings will be $52.18US/fitting. A lot of 20 would be $41.37US/fitting. Shipping is extra but should not be more than 10-15 dollars depending on the final weight. This includes only the bare aluminum fitting without the Viton O-Ring pictured here: http://www.induction-dynamics.com/images/products/fitting/big_fitting_bare.jpg

The Viton O-rings come from any GM Goodwrench Dealership and we can provide you with the GM part number. If you prefer we can source these locally, but you will likely pay less buying them in the US then getting them from us in Canada.

If the fitting is to be welded onto the rail the Viton O-ring is NOT required.

The pictured 6AN 90-degree steel fitting and 6AN steel plug are by a company called Parker and they are available from almost any store that sells hydraulic equipment. Alternately, Holley-EARLS sells anodized red/blue fittings/plugs which can be used instead for a nice look.

Lastly, there is a separate bracket required if an AEM FPR is to be mounted directly to the fitting. The bracket is pictured here and is NOT included in the price of the fitting above: http://www.induction-dynamics.com/images/products/welded_fitting/fpr_fit1.jpg

Regards;

Elizabeth Matthes
Induction Dynamics
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------

So who is all interested? Remmeber this will mount to the stock location of our factory FPR and will allow us to easily move to an aftermarket FPR in a remote more convient location.

1. Josh G.

Re: *OFFICIAL FEELER* remote FPR bracket for J-bodies
Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:32 AM
Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is the allen plug shown in pic 2 in the top for?

I might be in on this. It looks like it would make it easier to run a braided fuel line since the return line would thread onto the end of the AFPR

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:50 AM
1. Josh G.
2. John B.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:01 AM
1. Josh G.
2. John B.
3. David I.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:14 AM
1. Josh G.
2. John B.
3. David I.
4. WhiteboyZ24
Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:31 AM
maybe a dumb question,.. but what are the benefits of me using this over the lt1 AFPR ???

Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:36 AM
Scott, you can use any FPR you want, this adapter just relocates it with SS lines.

306 TQ
Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:16 AM
1. Josh G.
2. John B.
3. David I.
4. WhiteboyZ24
5. JR Marks

Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:47 AM
Wade Jarvis wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is the allen plug shown in pic 2 in the top for?

I might be in on this. It looks like it would make it easier to run a braided fuel line since the return line would thread onto the end of the AFPR

I have this very same setup. Yes it is very easy to run braided fuel lines with this setup. Also the way it is positions the FPR you will not have any clearance issues with the GM SC brackets

Quote:

maybe a dumb question,.. but what are the benefits of me using this over the lt1 AFPR ???

One benefit is you don't have to drill and tap your fuel rail for the fuel pressure gauge. There is an extra port on AEM's FPR just for that

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:16 PM
I may not use this adapter but ill still get in on it anyway just to get this started.. Im running the aeromotive AFPR and im trying to cut down on hoses and fittings since I would have to relocate this with the fitting.. Not to mention, no room to relocate it.. Hopefully their is enough interest.

306 TQ
Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:43 PM
WHITECAVY(Almost there) wrote:I may not use this adapter but ill still get in on it anyway just to get this started.. Im running the aeromotive AFPR and im trying to cut down on hoses and fittings since I would have to relocate this with the fitting.. Not to mention, no room to relocate it.. Hopefully their is enough interest.

You do not have to relocate your FPR with this fitting. Do you still have the pics I sent??

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life

Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:54 PM
Jason, you sure? I thought the Induction ladie said the only AFPR that will fit on this fitting is the AEM, which you have..

yea, ill look back at those pics... which one, the one of your fuel rail?

306 TQ
Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:12 PM
Yes, AEM's universal FPR is the only one that fits that fitting. You can weld or bolt the fitting to the fuel rail and the FPR threads into the ID fitting.

Here is a picture from ID's webpage on what I am referring to

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Thursday, May 22, 2008 1:42 PM
do the venom and rk sport fuel rails utilize the exact same setup on the end like the stocker does? if not... why not just get one of those and go to town?

Riddle me this... riddle me that...
Thursday, May 22, 2008 3:36 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:Yes, AEM's universal FPR is the only one that fits that fitting. You can weld or bolt the fitting to the fuel rail and the FPR threads into the ID fitting.

Here is a picture from ID's webpage on what I am referring to

Wrong. The fitting is merely to relocate the FPR. There is a seperate bracket that ONLY fits the AEM. this is stated in the email i posted....
Josh G. wrote:

Lastly, there is a separate bracket required if an AEM FPR is to be mounted directly to the fitting. The bracket is pictured here and is NOT included in the price of the fitting above: http://www.induction-dynamics.com/images/products/welded_fitting/fpr_fit1.jpg

Thursday, May 22, 2008 5:46 PM
I am not wrong.......the fitting CAN be used TWO different ways. Remotely with any FPR or direct on the rail with the AEM

Second you do not need that bracket. If it makes you sleep better at night then by all means use it. I have been using this setup for 2 years without an issue. If the guy I bought the fitting had a bracket I would have used it, but it didn't oh well

my setup without the bracket

The remote setup

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Thursday, May 22, 2008 5:48 PM

oops

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:46 PM
Ahh i see what you did Jason, so you just used a AN fitting on top of the ID adapter to mount your AFPR right? If thats the case, I dont have to relocate my Aeromotive then

306 TQ
Friday, May 23, 2008 6:37 AM
it will depend on the fittings you have on your fpr. If they are compatable, no you will not have to relocate, if not, then yes. The bracket is merely to make the FPR more stable, and is only available for the AEM unit. Since NOT having the FPR supported is not the BEST setup, the manufacturer (induction dynamics) can not sell them as a "bolt on any FPR you want" deal. It would be a liability for them.

Friday, May 23, 2008 6:48 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:Yes, AEM's universal FPR is the only one that fits that fitting.

This statement was wrong. Its not the only FPR you can use. Dumbass. maybe the only one that mounts right on the fitting but any FPR can be utilized.

Friday, May 23, 2008 7:06 AM
Hey guys here is an update from Elizabeth with Induction Dynamics....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi Josh,

I have placed an order for 20 fittings in good faith. I expect them to be ready in about a week at which point we can discuss the next steps.

Regards;

Elizabeth Matthes
Induction Dynamics
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So like i said before the reason for posting is to see who is on board..... Not to sit here and explain the set up you use. Not to be a dick but i would actually like for something to come threw for us J owners. God knows that a lot of us have had a whole bunch of companies promise products and never deliver.

Friday, May 23, 2008 7:08 AM
sweet, i am down

Friday, May 23, 2008 7:29 AM
Josh G. wrote:
Blwn LD9 wrote:Yes, AEM's universal FPR is the only one that fits that fitting.

This statement was wrong. Its not the only FPR you can use. Dumbass. maybe the only one that mounts right on the fitting but any FPR can be utilized.

Wtf is up with the name calling? you need to chill the @!#$ out.. Jason is only telling you what his experience is with his... Thats not the way to talk to somebody if your trying to get them on board for one of these fittings..

And by the way, that BLACK bracket IS the only thing that works with the AEM universal FPR and ID fuel rail fitting.

Now, im ready to get my damn fitting because my engine is almost ready to go back in... Lets get this @!#$ started.

306 TQ
Friday, May 23, 2008 7:43 AM
1. Josh G.
2. John B.
3. David I.
4. WhiteboyZ24
5. JR Marks
6. Wade Jarvis

Also I am still wanting to wondering what the allen plug in the top is for if anyone knows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 23, 2008 7:53 AM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, May 23, 2008 7:59 AM
Wade, I honstley think its another threaded plug that you can use to mount your fpr with an AN fitting... Look at Jasons engine by, his FPR looks to be mounted on top of the ID fitting.

306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search