2.0 L4 Intake? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0 L4 Intake?
Monday, April 21, 2008 3:12 PM
How hard would It be to replace the stock intake with a pipe and cone filter setup? My intake/air cleaner is so rusty I dont really want to keep sanding and sanding it. I kind of just wanna build something to replace it with. Back in the day I did that to my sebring but the fittings were easy to swap because it had the Mitsubishi engine that all the little kiddies have in their eclipse's.

The image shows the entire part im looking to replace. where I marked OPEN its missing the hose and vent its supposed to have. I could attach a cone there but that's silly. Two filters.. I want to run a pipe down a bit to collect some air from under the car but not down too far, and attach a breather on the manifold (i don't have the rubber hose for the stock breather)

Re: 2.0 L4 Intake?
Monday, April 21, 2008 3:54 PM
if i remember correctly, that setup has a top flange similar to a carburetor. find/make a flange that fits where the round part sits, put a nice elbow on it, and get a pipe and filter.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Re: 2.0 L4 Intake?
Monday, April 21, 2008 4:04 PM
Sounds good. thanks. I wasn't trying to be a noob but cannot find anything about the 2.0 via search on either jbo or v6z24

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search