2200 guys what clutch are you using? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 guys what clutch are you using?
Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:25 PM
im getting ready to put the built motor in my car and im going 2 get a clutch before i put it in... im going 2 be running high boost hopeing to make 250-300+ hp after the build. What clutch should i get and what are some good prices for them. thanks

Re: 2200 guys what clutch are you using?
Sunday, April 20, 2008 9:24 PM
Im not running a clutch, got a converter in mine!

Sunday, April 20, 2008 9:28 PM
The stocker .

Seriously tho, I want something that will grab like hell and have a nice long life for when I dont beat on it. Im looking into getting a 2, or 2+.

I will be running a mildly build n/a setup before I boost. I dont want serious insane power, but I like that the clutch will be able to handle it. (otherwise id get a lesser clutch than a stage 2).
Monday, April 21, 2008 7:18 AM
Any one know a good web site to get them for good prices?
Monday, April 21, 2008 8:00 AM
I've got a Spec Stage 3 with Carbon pucks. I didn't want to go with the ceramic, because my buddy had ceramic on a different car and the break-in and operation of them was more then I wanted to deal with when I'm breaking in a new engine.

I've been running the spec now for over a year, have made well over 215whp, and it has never slipped.

I opted to go with the stage 3 and not the stage 4 because I still wanted springs to take up some of the engagement.

Engagement on the Stage 3 Carbon is no more harsh then the stock, except that it wont let go and spin like my stocker did!!

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:14 AM
Centerforce DF

Monday, April 21, 2008 10:04 AM
Quote:

2200 guys what clutch are you using? - Performance Forum
Discussions about performance modifications to j-body automobiles which do not involve any kind of forced induction or nitrous. Topics in any way related to turbo or supercharger should go in the Boost forum, and nitrous topics in the Nitrous Oxide forum.

WRONG FORUM , THERE IS A TRANSMISSIONS FORUM FOR A REASON

Monday, April 21, 2008 10:22 AM
Luis Marroquin wrote:Im not running a clutch, got a converter in mine!

I feel sorrry for you.

TurboTechRacing carries spec clutches and price matches.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:30 AM
Luis Marroquin wrote:Im not running a clutch, got a slightly crushed hamster in mine!

You might want to replace that.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:15 AM
well, the way I'm looking at this is, if the Spec Stage 3 6-puck clutch that PJ was running in his NA eco lasted for 60K+ of HIS driving (burnouts from every light, constant downshifting and attempts at heel-toe, 5000rpm launches, etc), nobody else will be able to kill it with under 320 hp lol.... Hell, the thing outlived 2 transmissions and a driveshaft. And about 4 motors.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:56 PM
Pushrods wrote:
Luis Marroquin wrote:Im not running a clutch, got a slightly crushed hamster in mine!

You might want to replace that.

haha, cant really do huge mods when its a daily. Come college graduation time though mods will be a plenty!!!!!!

Friday, April 25, 2008 1:25 AM
I'm using a spec 3 in my red cav and love it.....

Saturday, April 26, 2008 11:16 AM
are they real streetable for the stage 3?
Saturday, April 26, 2008 4:20 PM
I still have an OEM with mine.... its been turboed and slightly built for 8k miles and hasn't slipped or anything yet... the car is probably pushing mid 200s (estimated, it has not seen a dyno)... but i will most likely be putting a spec stage 3+ in it when it needs replacement

Sunday, April 27, 2008 2:02 PM
what kind of boost are you running and do you baby the hell out of your car... i drive my car hard and im not tryin to put a motor in and then pull it 2 weeks later to put aclutch in
Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:18 PM
Spec Stage II, I love it

2002 Cavalier 2200 5spd

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 3:39 AM
I would say the spec 3 is streetable it was on the red car when it still was my daily driver. It took me a few hours of driving to get used to it but nothing you cant handle if you can drive stick to begin with.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search