exhaust question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust question
Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:55 AM
...so my oem muffler bit the bullit and died.... its got a hole the sise of a quarter in it.....

i would like to keep the car pretty quiet... but im not spending 400$ on a oem muffler, if i buy a dynomax super turbo, and a cherry bomb , could i potentially use the cherry bomb as a resonator , and then have the muffler,

also will this be alot luder then stock,

thanks in advance

iKe

Re: exhaust question
Sunday, April 20, 2008 11:02 AM
Yes it is goin to be luder
Sunday, April 20, 2008 11:17 AM
iKe wrote:...so my oem muffler bit the bullit and died.... its got a hole the sise of a quarter in it.....

i would like to keep the car pretty quiet... but im not spending 400$ on a oem muffler, if i buy a dynomax super turbo, and a cherry bomb , could i potentially use the cherry bomb as a resonator , and then have the muffler,

also will this be alot luder then stock,

thanks in advance

iKe

yess way too loud you can get the catback magnaflow from rfsport.com for 350$$$

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, i have already died once and im still here so lets just leave it on the track
Sunday, April 20, 2008 12:02 PM
The magnaflow will be louder it is a straight through style muffler. Go with the Dynomax super turbo and a long resonator. It will be louder than stock but not as loud as the magnaflow.
Sunday, April 20, 2008 1:00 PM
Jbody 420 wrote:The magnaflow will be louder it is a straight through style muffler. Go with the Dynomax super turbo and a long resonator. It will be louder than stock but not as loud as the magnaflow.

what are you smoking i have the magnaflow and its quieter that the crappy dynomax

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, i have already died once and im still here so lets just leave it on the track
Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:12 PM
SCZ2400 wrote:
Jbody 420 wrote:The magnaflow will be louder it is a straight through style muffler. Go with the Dynomax super turbo and a long resonator. It will be louder than stock but not as loud as the magnaflow.

what are you smoking i have the magnaflow and its quieter that the crappy dynomax

first off, what are you smoking? please tell me why you seem to think dynomax is "crappy"

to the original poster... i have 2.5" full stainless exhaust with a dynomax super turbo muffler, and a 28" thrush glasspack resonator. all in all i think i spent $100 for the resonator and muffler. so the price was right. its as close as your going to get to sounding stock.

dont mind what that other guy said, he must not have heard the dynomax super turbo mufflers or just has no concept of the inside of mufflers.

Monday, April 21, 2008 6:15 AM
Vincent Morris wrote:
SCZ2400 wrote:

first off, what are you smoking? please tell me why you seem to think dynomax is "crappy"

to the original poster... i have 2.5" full stainless exhaust with a dynomax super turbo muffler, and a 28" thrush glasspack resonator. all in all i think i spent $100 for the resonator and muffler. so the price was right. its as close as your going to get to sounding stock.

dont mind what that other guy said, he must not have heard the dynomax super turbo mufflers or just has no concept of the inside of mufflers.

so a cherry bomb glasspack, can be used as a resonator? or no
Monday, April 21, 2008 6:20 AM
yes the cherry bomb can be used a resonator without a problem, lots of people here do it as they are priced very well.

as for the exhaust being louder, you did not mention going to a larger diameter pipe, so im going to say i doubt it will get much if any louder. if you do larger, it will potentially get louder, but with a glass pack as a resonator, it should keep fairly quiet and tolerable.

1997 Cavalier Z24 - 15.647 @ 88.02 MPH
Monday, April 21, 2008 2:47 PM
so you guys are saying that if you want to quit your car sound we should put a resonator .. I recently change my original exhaust that had a vibrant muffler only for a magnaflow high flow cat and a pacesetters 2 1/4 line with the muffler that come's with it. Now my car sound like a civic ( like a can of pepsi) ... and verry loud and whit backfire !!! the other muffler had a better sound and quitter .. so anyway whats the best thing tho do for me ??? put a resonator or change the muffler
Monday, April 21, 2008 3:57 PM
Monday, April 21, 2008 6:47 PM
iKe wrote:
Vincent Morris wrote:
SCZ2400 wrote:

so a cherry bomb glasspack, can be used as a resonator? or no
well yess you can use a cherry bomb as a resinator but theres no need and i know a kid the a dynomax muffler and his car sounds like a honda with it and he has a 99 2.4L the rksport magnaflow system will sound great and costs what you want to spend too

Monday, April 21, 2008 7:08 PM
so he has a muffler and that is the only effect on his exhaust? stock piping? bigger? smaller? resonator? cat? header? and thats a 99 2.4. its different for every car.

but with bigger exhaust, and a resonator, dynomax muffler, gonna sound close to stock but be performance oriented.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search