oil cooler install on 2200 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
oil cooler install on 2200
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 8:46 PM
how exactly do you install the oil cooler im doing a full build right now just wondering about the details of an oil cooler

Re: oil cooler install on 2200
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:35 AM
Locate cooler fore of radiator & A/C condenser (If equipted), preferably within the most direct flow of air coming through the grill & to the side of the radiator that the engine cooling fan is offset to.

The adapter should just bolt-on over the oil filter threaded stub (stud) and be retained with the stub extender found within the kit. The oil filter just goes atop that.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:24 PM
ok thanks
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 8:21 AM
where would i find the adapter plate or what ever i need to put it on i have a universal kit
or could i just run the oil cooler on my oil feed line for the turbo?
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:00 PM
bumpppp
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:19 PM
non-universal LN2 oil cooler at TurboTech

here you go bud, those universal kits are worthless. If you go with the correct parts from the beginning then you will save headaches in the end, also its good to support guys that support the org.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:27 AM
ok thanks
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:46 AM
Here is a pic of my new oil cooler, trany cooler and radiator setup. I would recomend putting a spacer between the oil cooler and the radiator, make sure there is air flow between them. They will work better, you dont want you radiator heating up you oil/tranny cooler or vice versa.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:24 AM
What did you use for spacers, Phil? And how much space did you between them did you make?

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:47 AM
I USED 3/8" S/S FULL COUPLINGS FOR MY SPACERS. THEY ARE ABOUT 1-3/16" LG. THEN I JUST USED THE STRAIGHT ZIP TIE THINGS THAT COME WITH THE COOLERS TO MOUNT THRU THE COOLER, THRU THE SPACERS, THEN THRU MY RADIATOR. I WOULD KEEP AT LEAST 3/4" BETWEEN, BUT THE MORE THE BETTER, JUST WATCH FOR CLEARANCE ISSUES IF YOU HAVE AN INTERCOOLER LIKE I DO.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search