2.4l Fuel Rail/Line modification - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4l Fuel Rail/Line modification
Monday, March 10, 2008 9:58 PM
I've searched through 34 pages and found nothing. I am getting ready to hook up my cartech fmu and I am trying to find any pics or information on replacing the stock 2.4 fuel lines under the hood with stainless lines. I also am trying to decide what to do about tapping the fuel rail with fittings on the feed side. I want to keep my accel fpr but think it might not be possible with the fuel fittings. Throw me some ideas guys.

Re: 2.4l Fuel Rail/Line modification
Monday, March 10, 2008 10:24 PM
im listening

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 5:51 AM
i personally havent seen anyone use strictly all fittings. I wouldve liked to do that also. I ended up just cutting the hard lines and used rubber lines with a sleeve kit. the only stainless line i have is from my afpr to my gauge.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:38 AM
do you have any pics whiteboy???

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:47 AM
also listening on this. I don't trust my fuel setup anymore and would love to upgrade everything . Braided lines would be a must.

Equipt with Replacement for Displacement components
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:03 AM
Fetter is the only person that comes to mind with SS braided lines.. I wanted to try this as well.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:11 AM
I have the part numbers at home for what I used. I have -6an from the firewall to the fuel rail and back.

What....noone noticed that at the bash, LOL!!!

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:51 AM
You mean like this???

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 8:36 AM
thanks john....I would like to modify my stock rail with earls fittings and run stainless lines like you have. What did you do back near the firewall with the stock connections???

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:23 AM
I cut (PLEASE USE A TUBING CUTTER) the factory hard lines about 6"-8" back from where they start to bend and go up into the engine bay. Then you can go to the hardware store and buy a 5/16 (return line) and 3/8 (supply line) compression fitting with either a male or female pipe thread on the other end. Then use a -6 and a -8an flare to pipe thread adapter to hook up your braided lines.

Or Jegs offers an adapter for the 3/8 line (but not the 5/16). Part number 555-100550 (female) 555-100551 (male).

It'll look something like this when your done...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:52 AM

"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:50 AM
I knew Gary would come through with pics

But Im still confused, as always lol at what you just showed ^^

306 TQ

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:05 AM
Mine is a little easier There is no wrong or right way to do this as what Gary, Fetter and I did will work.

I bought AN fuel adapters from Pure Choice Motorsports. You need part # 5800. Once you get the stock hose off the hardline at the firewall, these just snap in place.

Pure Choice LT1 line adapters

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:08 AM
Here is a better pic

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:15 AM
I knew there'd be some kind of Slicktastic connector somewhere.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:19 AM
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:I cut (PLEASE USE A TUBING CUTTER) the factory hard lines about 6"-8" back from where they start to bend and go up into the engine bay. Then you can go to the hardware store and buy a 5/16 (return line) and 3/8 (supply line) compression fitting with either a male or female pipe thread on the other end. Then use a -6 and a -8an flare to pipe thread adapter to hook up your braided lines.

Or Jegs offers an adapter for the 3/8 line (but not the 5/16). Part number 555-100550 (female) 555-100551 (male).

It'll look something like this when your done...

did you have the fuel rail tapped?
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:24 AM
^^My fuel rail is tapped.

So Jason, that picture you just posted, where the plastic clips are is that where the stock fuel lines cilp into at the fire wall? Then on the threaded end is where you connecto your an fittings and braided hoses right?

306 TQ
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:42 AM
Quote:

I knew there'd be some kind of Slicktastic connector somewhere.

The new word of the day

Quote:

So Jason, that picture you just posted, where the plastic clips are is that where the stock fuel lines cilp into at the fire wall? Then on the threaded end is where you connecto your an fittings and braided hoses right?

Yes. You put the plastci clips on your hard line first, then you snap the AN adapter next. It is tough to tighen it from the top, I had to tighten my fittings from under the car

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:00 PM
Thanks again John and Jason for posting pics. What did those run you Jason? And has anyone removed the stock fitting on the feed side of the fuel rail??? The one I have on my car right now will sometimes leak until I lightly tap it with a hammer and it gets pushed in tight against the rail. I would like to remove this piece completely and just install an earls fitting in there like John has on his venom rail.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:08 PM
where did you find your turbo manifold?????????????????????????????????? john 317

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, i have already died once and im still here so lets just leave it on the track
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:34 PM
Gary, where did you mount your AFPR, and which model is that you have? Asking becuase i know there is only one that fits our 2.4's

Thanks all for the information.

306 TQ
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:41 PM
I moved the FPR to the other end of the fuel rail. Click the 3rd pic. above and look at the lower right hand corner. I had to get on the lathe and spin an alum. piece to adapt and move it out from under the bracket for the S/C.

Aeromotive part #13105

I used a -6an 90* swivel fitting to go under the power steering pump.

There's alot more room around that area now without the S/C.

Turbo manifold is one of the Johnny Mac headers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 11, 2008 1:43 PM

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:39 PM
jason those adaptors are awesome, hopefully those would work back at the tank lines, my setup is just regular brass compression fittings with the adaptor npt fittings over to the an stuff, my new setup im running 1/2" hardline -8 for the supply and 3/8" hardline -6

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Monday, April 14, 2008 7:13 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:Mine is a little easier There is no wrong or right way to do this as what Gary, Fetter and I did will work.

I bought AN fuel adapters from Pure Choice Motorsports. You need part # 5800. Once you get the stock hose off the hardline at the firewall, these just snap in place.

Jason, you got pictures of your setup at the fuel rail? Im trying to keep my FPR at the stock location, but im having trouble on how to run SS lines up to the stock return line location ..

Thanks.

306 TQ
Monday, April 14, 2008 7:27 AM
WHITECAVY(Broken) wrote:
Blwn LD9 wrote:Mine is a little easier There is no wrong or right way to do this as what Gary, Fetter and I did will work.

Jason, you got pictures of your setup at the fuel rail? Im trying to keep my FPR at the stock location, but im having trouble on how to run SS lines up to the stock return line location ..

Thanks.

Yes, I have pics of my fuel rail setup at home. The issue is my fuel rail is kinda of custom. It has a custom fitting welded to the end to allow me to use an AEM FPR in place of the stock piece. From the AEM piece I used a 90 degree -6AN and a 90 degree swivel fittings and ran the return line next to the fuel rail

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
LD9 for Life
Monday, April 14, 2008 7:52 AM
Ahh ok, yea post pics when you can.

Looks like im not going to be able to use the stock fpr unless I cut the return line right under the rail, flare it out and attach AN fittings on the hard line..

Btw, Gary that FPR you have, will it fit on that right side of the rail without modification? I know you said you had to use the lathe, but that was only because you had the S/C bracket in the way right? I wont have anything in the way on that side..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 14, 2008 8:00 AM

306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search