upper mounts. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
upper mounts.
Monday, February 18, 2008 3:06 PM
How hard are the upper engine mounts to put on? I read it is a good idea to put one on when you put a header on so I wanted to see how hard it is. I was looking at the TTR one.
http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=482&idproduct=4917

Re: upper mounts.
Monday, February 18, 2008 3:07 PM
easy.... very easy...

support the block, remove 2 bolts from the block, 2 nuts from the frame, remove old, insert new. tighten bolts to block, tighten nuts to frame. done.

Monday, February 18, 2008 3:11 PM
Very easy install, takes about 15 minutes, as Vincent stated, 2 bolts and 2 nuts

A great part to have with a header, to keep the engine from moving, and breaking your downpipe.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, February 18, 2008 3:54 PM
I read it helps with accelerating too. I just dont want it to vibrate to much, heard the TTR isn't much more than stock, wont really even notice it.

Monday, February 18, 2008 5:19 PM
Vibrations do increase some, but it removes almost all engine movement.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Monday, February 18, 2008 5:25 PM
Great mount

I am super happy with Mine for sure

I don't notice the vibes at all

Be sure when your threading your motor mount bolts back in to your a wrench so you can feel them threading properly

Monday, February 18, 2008 5:41 PM
if you dont want vibes, get the billet ttr lower. fancy little piece, i plan to replace my rk sport with one some day.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, February 18, 2008 5:47 PM
I think I will get one when the car comes out.

Monday, February 18, 2008 7:26 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:easy.... very easy...

support the block, remove 2 bolts from the block, 2 nuts from the frame, remove old, insert new. tighten bolts to block, tighten nuts to frame. done.

not trying to know it all but thought you remove three nuts one under coolant reservoir and only put the 2 lowers back on. i've got one and think its a pretty nice mount.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:38 AM
Nope 2 BOLTS hold it to the frame. I have the RKsport upper, which i read is suppose to vibrate more. I do get vibrations below 2,000rpms, so i just keep my rpms above that i dont have any problems.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 10:32 AM
what about torque dampers? like an ingalls "stiffy" unit? can you get the same results with one of these?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:07 AM
They do not offer an ingalls for the cavalier.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:28 AM
they dont offer BRACKETS for the cav. custom fab'd brackets would be no prob. jus thought maybe it would give the same results as the mounts. theoretically it should but i sure as hell dont know it all. just a brainstorm.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:47 AM
You could, but Chevy Cobalt owners are bending the ingalls brackets.... They go to solid mounts after they learn

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:56 AM
solid mounts it is. thanx for the info. cant learn new things without askin stupid questions, right?
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:01 PM
It does come with instructions doesn't it?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:03 PM
Yes full page color instructions

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:04 PM
its so simple you cant screw it up. just make sure to support the motor with a jack. take the stock mounts bolts and nuts out. put TTR one in, put nuts and bolts back in. so simple its hard to eff up.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:08 PM
yea i just put my mounts on the other day. but i put upper and lower mounts as well as the tranny mounts and control arm bushings in. all from turbo tech racing. by the way very fast shipping. great company to work with. but i noticed a huge change. there are vibrations but its well worth the upgrade. just alittle advice make sure you have access to a press because if you dont your life is going to suck trying to get the tranny and control arm bushings out. that sucked lol. but very nice products.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:03 PM
I was just planning on the upper mount and maybe a lower mount.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:43 PM
I have done all three and the control arm bushings. control arms and tranny mounts with just a vice pain but it does work.. all bought from ttr they all come with full colar instructions.
Upper installed don't mind the mess.

and here are the others,

You can't go wrong with these mounts

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:32 AM
Tinkles wrote:Nope 2 BOLTS hold it to the frame. I have the RKsport upper, which i read is suppose to vibrate more. I do get vibrations below 2,000rpms, so i just keep my rpms above that i dont have any problems.

ecotecs have two holding factory mount. according to OP profile he has a 2.4l which has 3 nuts not trying to argue just know by experience

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:37 AM
The factory 2.4 mount has 3 bolts holding it to the frame..the ttr version has 2 like the eco does.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:39 AM
My bad, mine's a ECO.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:24 PM
Sorry should have stated at was a LD9.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search