ecotec swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec swap
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 6:39 PM
hi i have an age old question ask nand i know its been asked befroe but what is better the 2.4 quad 4 or the ecotec 2.2???? power wise like what kind of horsepower can you get out of ecotec is it more than the 2.4 quad 4 and does thw ecotec have more durability/ stronger meaning its not going to blow up like 2.4 recently did and also what is needed for a swap i know you need the motor and tranny or will the five 5speed 2.4 trany bolt onto the ecotec motor i nkow need the ecu do you have to change the wiring harness i need to know because i can get the ecotec motor tranny basiclay the whole car for 500.00 bucks so i would really like someones help thanks

Re: ecotec swap
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 6:58 PM
they are almost equal. except the ecotec has a better backing because it is a newer motor and a better oiling system. mine recently blew up due to an oiling system failure. the ecotec is far cheaper to replace from what i have seen in junkyard prices. yes i am going to the dark side.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 9:12 PM
come join us! lol yea ecos, I can get around here with all accessories except alternator and coil assembly for around 300 bucks with 50xxx roughly. Opposed to the yards still asking 600 for the ld9 with absolutely no accessories.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 9:24 PM
I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $400ish for a <20K mile eco, due to my own stupidity. A high mileage LD9 was $700

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 11:19 PM
$400 with 40, 334 miles on her motor. $1,165 for the rolled over car and everything in it for my eco motor swap with trans, entire body wiring harness and other goodies delivered 70 miles to our shop.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 4:50 AM
ecotec

Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:47 AM
To answer all your questions more info is needed. For which is the beter motor it all depends on personal view. As for which has more power in stock form LD9, for which will make more power (depends in what form). N/A 2.4, boosted the ECotec has the backing and has been furture in the higher HP number (when money is not a limit). The 2.4 can still hold it's own. If you are looking to just get you car running with simple bolt ons I would stay with the LD9. If you plan to go far and push high HP numbers and spend lots of money on your car go Ecotec.

FU Tuning

Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:30 AM
Go with the ecotec I did my ecotec swap for about $1500.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:30 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search