Injector tuning question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Injector tuning question
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 7:56 PM
when i get my car tuned with the injectors will bigger injectors work on the stock psi of fuel with tuning or do you have to lower it no mater what i was jsut wondering this?

Re: Injector tuning question
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 8:12 PM
The only way you can keep the fuel pressure the same, and have larger injectors installed act like the stock ones is to change the injector pulse width (have the injectors open a shorter amount of time each time it "fires". The only way to do that would be with something like HP Tuners, or with a full standalone ECU, because you'd have to change the fuel tables in the car's computer.

an alternative would be to turn the fuel pressure down to compensate for the increased size injectors, but this only works with slightly larger injectors, not huge ones, because you can't lower the fuel pressure but so low. There is a formula that will tell you how much to lower it down. Search and you should find it.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 9:26 PM
so when i am boosted im going to be running like 550s or a little bigger how would i go about tuning for them if i dont have hp tuners but i am taking my car 2 a shop to get it tuned with hp tuners would i have to tow the car there
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 6:33 PM
Hey, don't forget to build the rest of the fuel delivery system up to support those injectors properly. Otherwise it'll be a moot point swapping them in in the first place.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:08 PM
Adam Lewis wrote:so when i am boosted im going to be running like 550s or a little bigger how would i go about tuning for them if i dont have hp tuners but i am taking my car 2 a shop to get it tuned with hp tuners would i have to tow the car there

If you install a fuel pressure regulator, you can turn the fuel pressure way down, while you drive to the shop under like zero boost, but remember, HP tuners doesn't sense boost either, unless you have the super charge re-flash on your ecu from the dealer. Then it will read up to 14.7 psi, but not above that. Other option is to put a 2 bar sensor on it, and fake the settings in hp tuners. The ecu will still think it's a 1 bar, and you'll have to re-do all the maps yourself. You better have a REALLY REALLY good tuner to do that. I wouldn't trust anyone at a shop unless they had an extensive track record of success with hp tuners.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:31 PM
thanks
Monday, January 14, 2008 12:18 AM
I ran Ford Green Tops for about a year with 3 PSI of fuel pressure... Not the greatest way to go then I got HPT.

COMING SOON! VERY NICE!

Monday, January 14, 2008 7:40 PM
will it be fine if i just turn my fpr down with 25lb injectors im jsut upgrading them because im going to be running nitrous
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search