Nology Power Core Coil Amplifier - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nology Power Core Coil Amplifier
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 9:28 AM
Does anybody have this and if so, does it really make any difference in performance whatsoever??

http://www.rksport.com/main/part_detail.asp?itemid=532&appid=32&mdid=2&catid=3

Re: Nology Power Core Coil Amplifier
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 9:29 AM
nope, but I would be interested in finding out....
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 9:37 AM
yea I was just curious as to how performance(hp/tq) would increase while also increasing gas mileage. sounds like it would b cool if in fact it does work.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 10:26 AM
Looks like to me that it just gives you a hotter/stronger spark. Which will help burn more of the air/fuel mixture in your cylinder. To me it seems like the samething as swapping your stock coils for higher voltage coils. I ran Accel 45,000 volt coils w/ Taylor 8.2mm wires on my old 2.8 Grand Prix, but i really didnt notice a difference.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:42 PM
I had those years ago. Gas mileage was good with them (but of course it is still good without them).

FU Tuning

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 1:06 PM
i was told they are garbage

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 3:20 PM
Most Nology parts are

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:32 AM
Tinkles wrote:Looks like to me that it just gives you a hotter/stronger spark. Which will help burn more of the air/fuel mixture in your cylinder. To me it seems like the samething as swapping your stock coils for higher voltage coils. I ran Accel 45,000 volt coils w/ Taylor 8.2mm wires on my old 2.8 Grand Prix, but i really didnt notice a difference.

higher voltage coils as you call em dont really mean as you think they do....

the voltage rating means they can handle up to that much voltage per the amount of coils they have. some have 80 winds of coil material while others have 70 winds if i remember right. when dealing with coil packs, the resistance and voltage handling lets you know what you can run through em, obviously the resistance means how much will be taken away. the higher voltage capacity rating means you can run an amplifier such as the MSD DIS-2 or Crane ignition amplifiers without any problems. stock coils usually have a lower volt rating hence they normally burn out quicker.

upgrading to msd coils outside of gaining a red color under the hood, the main advantage is regaining the efficiency that may have been lost through use of the old coils being replaced.

the nology cores have been around for a LONG time. GRD was popular back then. the spark may be slightly hotter, but not much. if you want a REAL amplifier, not just a piggy back coil, look into an MSD, Crane ignition amplifier, to where its actually amplifying by drawing power from the battery and actually transferring energy. MSD and Crane work similar like an amp does to a subwoofer. the "power cores" work like a capacitor does to an amp in audio.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:18 AM
^^^^Thats the answer I was looking for. I suppose it no longer concerned me anyways since I will be running the DIS 2.....but good info none the less....
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 6:26 PM
I've often wondered what may result of using Nology wires with an MSD box but never had chance to find out. Does anyone have experience with that?

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:07 PM
Nickelin Dimer wrote:I've often wondered what may result of using Nology wires with an MSD box but never had chance to find out. Does anyone have experience with that?

the msd alone has enough spark energy to throw out a 6-7 inch spark from the end of a spark wire. i can vouch as scruf gave me the lesson of what an MSD can do by scarring the shhhh out of me years ago.

in simple terms, its overkill. and the msd requires use of a non solid core wire...the capacitor inside the wire probably isnt a good thing.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:20 PM
yeah....a capacitor in the wire = no good for msd.....I didn't know that's what Nology used

6-7" spark from the end of a wire = funny to watch someone crap thier pants
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search