HEADER QUESTION - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HEADER QUESTION
Monday, January 07, 2008 10:09 AM
what are the main differences between the dc sports header and the pacesetter header? they are both 4-2-1 correct? any better gains or flow between the two. or are they both the same? thanks tyler

Re: HEADER QUESTION
Monday, January 07, 2008 10:17 AM
It does not really matter both have bigger ports than your head.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, January 07, 2008 11:30 AM
is the dc sport worth the extra money. i mean what makes the dc sports different than the pacesetter?
Monday, January 07, 2008 11:33 AM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:what are the main differences between the dc sports header and the pacesetter header? they are both 4-2-1 correct? any better gains or flow between the two. or are they both the same? thanks tyler

Both are 4-1

DC Sports bolts up to the stock down pipe (just replaces the stock manifold)
Pacesetter replaces the stock manifold and downpipe. Pacesetter connects to the stock exhaust just before the OEM cat converter.

we carry them at www.TurboTechRacing.com

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, January 07, 2008 12:18 PM
yes i saw them on your website i was just trying to figure out why the dc sports was over $100 more thanks
Monday, January 07, 2008 6:03 PM
any one have any issues with the dc sports header
Monday, January 07, 2008 6:44 PM
Ive been eyeballing the DC header solely for the reason of a no weld install. I can do it myself, saving money, and no worries about a crappy muffler shop weld job leaking after a few months. Finding a sjop that con put on a decent weld is much harder than it should be.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Monday, January 07, 2008 7:11 PM
go with the dc sports, its the best header for the 2.4 along with bill and stans header.

Monday, January 07, 2008 7:18 PM
i have a dc sport 4 2 1 header and it replaces everything on the manifols. and it is very worth the money . i love it. was very wasy to install to..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Monday, January 07, 2008 7:34 PM
i have an eco tho not the ld9
Monday, January 07, 2008 7:40 PM
oh my bad. sorry didnt read...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Monday, January 07, 2008 7:41 PM
no biggie
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:25 PM
So any known issues for the dc sports header?
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:38 PM
or any issues with pacesetter as i want one from TTR
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 1:26 PM
Pacesetter header for the lsj. I dont have an eco but Id say thats prolly best for performance, you just have to make your own downpipe.

Unless your looking for ease of install, go with the dc since it bolts to the stock downpipe flange.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:17 PM
My thinking about the price differance is that the DC sport header uses higher quality materials than Pacesetter. That and isn't the Pacesetter painted, while the DC Sport is coated with "Jet-Hot" ceramic coating.

Caution: Redneck Posting
MMMM, HIDs
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:47 PM
yes and no the pacesetter comes in either armor coated or painted(black). as far as quality im not sure but im just wanting to know if there was any problems throwing cels or the flange bolts having to be tightened once a week like the pacesetter have to be depending on if a flex pipe was used
Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:23 AM
??? ANYONE
Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:53 AM
Once again...

icemike89 wrote:Pacesetter header for the lsj. I dont have an eco but Id say thats prolly best for performance, you just have to make your own downpipe.

Unless your looking for ease of install, go with the dc since it bolts to the stock downpipe flange.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:18 PM
so the DC Sports header for the LD9 doesn't come with the down pipe and the pacesetter does?

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:57 PM
OK lol, I just installed the Pacesetter Header on my car yesterday. It was pretty easy, after i got the old parts off. It comes with a downpipe aswell and there is no "need" to weld. All you need is something to cut the old downpipe off the cat. Unless you are putting in an aftermarket cat as well. The Header connects to the downpipe with a ball type joint and spring tensioned bolts, so it will still move a little bit with your car and should come loose. Mine was the black painted one and for the first 30 minutes or so you could smell paint and it smoked a little bit as the paint was baking on but after the 30 minutes it was fine. Hope this helps

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 3:04 PM
the downpipe has to be welded to the cat...i have one as well...the bolts are for the header to downpipe, downpipe to cat has to be welded.wether it's stock or aftermarket, unless you want to try and put a stupid clamp on it...but you have to buy one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 06, 2008 3:06 PM

"If you have no clue what's going on... STFU!"
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 4:09 PM
Actually it comes with the clamp, and its sleeved to fit inside the stock pipe to the cat so no need to weld, no leaks either. Best option if your thinking of adding a aftermarket cat in the very near future
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 7:09 PM
I have had the pacesetter for 2 years now..Had no problems..Install went well,You can use the clamp to go from the down pipe to the cat but I would weld it at that point..Also buy the coated one it is worth the little extra cash..Also get rid of your stock motor mounts and get some soild mounts in it...That will help reduce stress on the header..
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 7:31 PM
Quote:

Actually it comes with the clamp, and its sleeved to fit inside the stock pipe to the cat so no need to weld, no leaks either.

Has this always been true?

Quote:

so the DC Sports header for the LD9 doesn't come with the down pipe and the pacesetter does?

Its 4-2-1 design.
the 2-1 section can be considered a downpipe I guess.
But the kit comes with a cat eleminator pipe.
Or
You can have the provided flange welded to the factory set up so you can use the cat.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search