Need an answer? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need an answer?
Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:26 PM
Ok, I searched for the last hour or so and couldnt really find anything that helped me out much. So the question is regarding this idea I've had rolling around in my head for the last few months.

How much "room" is there along the path of the exhaust system on a cavy?
The reason I'm wondering is I had a friend with the RKSport dual exit exhast system and on cold mornings/days when you could see the exhaust coming out of the pipes, I noticed that almost 9/10 times there would only be something coming out of one of the pipes. That told me that for whatever reason the exhaust probably wasnt ever exiting the way it was supposed to, which brings me to the idea I had.
Would it be possible or even worth it to custom make a "true" dual exhaust system going from the header-back? Like complete with dual cats and dual mufflers and basically 2 of everything but the header.

Now I know someone will come and say that on a 4cyl car there is really no such thing as a true dual exhast, and I'm fully aware of that, I'm just wondering if this idea I had is even possible or if it is if there woud be any major problems involved in doing it as far as running piping and placement of the cats and such.

Thanks alot for any help you can give me here

www.driftnamiperformance.com

Re: Need an answer?
Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:35 PM
Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:36 PM
^^^ you beat me too it

Sunday, January 06, 2008 6:02 PM
well @!#$, my bad, i just automatically went to the search button instead of actually searching the forum itself, Mods lock and or delete this plz

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Sunday, January 06, 2008 11:55 PM
Goofy thing... The H.O. Chevette engine put out 74 as opposed to 70hp in the standard trim (Shut-up!), and it had dual exhaust. From the factory!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search