Gauging interest. RDFABS tax return season GP Feeler. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gauging interest. RDFABS tax return season GP Feeler.
Friday, January 04, 2008 12:47 AM
Well we figured we'd see if there is any interest out there to run another group purchase on all of our products and custom work along with our re-vamped j-tuners manifold which is made out of t-304 stainless we are finishing up the end of the month and will allow normal function of the dipstick. Last time we just cut prices for what turned out to be a little over 2.5 months on our intakes. This time we need at least 5 people for the GP to even start, then 3-4 weeks turn around time for intakes and a little more on the manifolds. We custom fabricate all our products in shop and polish everything to a mirror shine by hand as well for an unmatched quality. Everything is all hand tig welded in jigs to ensure consistency. We do not mandrel bend our products which is the cause for the time frame of our hand crafted products.

Before anyone asks, we are also working on the ECOTEC S/C CAI as well, which we are going to run a separate GP for them during the summer when my motor goes into the car. No one ever came to our shop for their free short ram intake we would have provided for letting us get the DIM's, so we're still working on those.

2.2 OHV LN2 CAI

2200 OHV CAI

2.4 LD9 CAI

2.2 Ecotec CAI

Engine........SHORT RAM...........CAI

2200 ------------$90 (reg.100)-------------$185 (reg. $205)

2.2 -------------$90 (reg. $100)-------------$185 (reg. $205)

2.2 eco----------$125 (reg.$145) -------------$215 (reg. $250)

2.4 --------------$125 (reg. $145)------------$215 (reg. $250)

Comes with red or blue filter. K&N's can be purchased for additional cost if you'd like.

Also if you want a nippled added to your intake for the PCV valve $15. We just run the breather filters and so has everyone else. But there have been 1 or 2 who have wanted these... we'll also supply the hose for this as well.

USD + normal shipping.

Turbo Manifold will be posted about in the boost forum when its completed, we would need at least 3 ppl for one of those. Pricing is still uncertain. I'm trying to track down a supplier for the exhaust flanges to cut back on fabbing time for us and cost.

EXHAUSTS
- Once again these are done IN SHOP ONLY and require a whole day of the car in our shop on a Saturday. 10:30am is when we start and normally end around 6pm. If its a complicated install like my dual exhaust with equal ram horn turned out to be, we finished around 9pm. If you are coming from out of state we can arrange to start a little earlier if need be. Contact me for pricing on these as it will vary to what size tubing you want and what you want done. But we are also discounting these if you sign up in the group purchase in the time alloted for this to run. We cannot do 1/4" increments either. 2", 2.5", 3" etc....only

Any other questions, comments, concerns lemme know. If its for custom work or installs, please PM me directly or just e-mail me Cody@rdfabs.com

Re: Gauging interest. RDFABS tax return season GP Feeler.
Friday, January 04, 2008 5:07 AM
Im going to be looking at a custom 3 inch turbo back exhaust for my 03' cavy (after the turbo install). High flow cat, resinator, muffler, tip, and routed like the stock exhaust. Im located about 30 minutes below Binghamton, so i can make it to your shop for a day. Any idea on the cost w/ and w/o the GP?

Friday, January 04, 2008 8:11 AM
*Feels the turbo mani* <3
Friday, January 04, 2008 9:37 AM
You know what I am after.....can you guys also do custom intercooler piping?? what kind of fab time is involved with that?
Friday, January 04, 2008 10:01 AM
you all have PM's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 04, 2008 10:06 AM

Friday, January 04, 2008 10:11 AM
Wish I would have known that a while ago...I'd be all over that like ugly on an ape....I think its a little late though....

I got part of my piping done for it, but need the turbo mounted on the engine in the car to finish it up....I was wondering what kind of time/cost I would be looking at to get a nice set of welded IC pipes made for my setup....

Lemme know...but that is a killer deal for a FMIC & custom pipes....to bad my bumper is all hacked up to fit my monster...
Friday, January 04, 2008 10:11 AM
^^^ I think we could give it a whirl!!

But no...we definitely can. We did a lot of charge piping and turbo installs this summer and we've gotten pretty good at it.

Friday, January 04, 2008 10:16 AM
What kind of fab time and cost we looking at? I assume there wouldn't be a GP price for this....
Also, I forget exactly where your shop is....somewhere by Buffalo correct?
Friday, January 04, 2008 10:40 AM
If I started early in the morning, I could possibly get you done in one day (un-polished, no frills, welds still showing) If you want a full-on show quality setup like mine, at least a week or two depending on other work in the shop.

Port Byron, N.Y. 13140

Friday, January 04, 2008 10:43 AM
I'm down for a turbo manifold for the 2.4

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Friday, January 04, 2008 12:51 PM
Luke Heier wrote:I'm down for a turbo manifold for the 2.4

x2. Ive been talking to Agent omega and the price definitely sounds good to me. Put my name down on the list

Friday, January 04, 2008 1:15 PM
freakin A stop showing pics of turbo set-ups!!!! LOL RD fabs FTW nice CAI's too!
Sunday, January 06, 2008 2:37 AM
I may drive a S-truck, but it's got a J-bdy heart so naturally I'm interested. Those CAI's, do they function in a Ram-Air fashion? And would you (could you) be able to fab one for S-trucks with the 2.2L & 2200? And what about cat-back turbos? Can you fab-up a system for one for each the J-body & S-truck apps? Can you, can you, can you?

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Sunday, January 06, 2008 2:38 AM
Oh, I meant to say the 4-cyl apps, but hopefully you get the idea. So, can you?

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Sunday, January 06, 2008 6:41 AM
We can fab anything, bud. My father's owned (2) S-10's and (1) Xtreme, so you could say I'm very familiar with these trucks. The past 2 we had were 4-cylinders. Ram air is when the air is forced down the TB's/Carb's throat. Oour CAI's are just cold air intakes. Colder air, better overall gains than a short ram.

Sunday, January 06, 2008 7:38 AM
Okay then, I guess I'll ask: I need a custom header for the '94-'97 S-10 w/2.2L I-4 w/automatic & A/C.

Specs:
Primaries: 1-3/8" x 22"
Collector: 2-1/2" x 6" w/ ball style flange.
Made of 14-gauge tubing (for durability)
Head flange must be 3/8" thick
No sharp bends please.
Powder coating? Tri-Y (4-2-1) maybe? How about A.R. (Anti-Reversion) cone inserts at the head?

I know this seems alot but I just want to get exactly what I've come to know I need since this will be done in order to improve mileage. So, up to this task?

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Monday, January 07, 2008 5:37 AM
If I get to have the truck in our shop, I'm ready when you are. Only thing that might be a problem is the "ball" you want. We can use a v-band (turbo) coupler or make it a typical slip-fit (one tube inside the other) at the end, but we stay away from the ball fittings. Everything else is relatively standard procedure for us.

Monday, January 07, 2008 4:59 PM
Uh, your truck or my truck? 'Cause I'm in Illinois (Chicagoland) and that's a long way for me to take it just to fit a header. Any, the collector isn't to much worry for me, but what about flanged?

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Monday, January 07, 2008 5:19 PM
find an 07 Hummer H2 and make an intake, if its resonably priced my best friend is looking for one

Tuesday, January 08, 2008 4:09 AM
Wow.....it seems like this got a TAD off topic...
Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:32 AM
^^^You're absolutely right; this thread was created to gauge interest on items currently being made and listed on our site.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:40 AM
Cody@RDFABS wrote:Well we figured we'd see if there is any interest out there to run another group purchase on all of our products and custom work along with our re-vamped j-tuners manifold which is made out of t-304 stainless we are finishing up the end of the month and will allow normal function of the dipstick.

My bad I must have misread that, I'll tell him to take his business elsewhere.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:53 AM
Darkstars wrote:
Cody@RDFABS wrote:Well we figured we'd see if there is any interest out there to run another group purchase on all of our products and custom work along with our re-vamped j-tuners manifold which is made out of t-304 stainless we are finishing up the end of the month and will allow normal function of the dipstick.

My bad I must have misread that, I'll tell him to take his business elsewhere.

OUCH! I think that is a little harsh....I think this was a VERY succesful "FEELER" for the fact that TONS of people wanted custom work....I was just commenting that not many people had mentioned the CAI, which was the ORIGIONAL focus of the Gauging interest....
Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:59 AM
How is that harsh? If they don't want to do to it they don't want to do it, he can get it somewhere else. Problem solved.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:10 AM
Darkstars wrote:How is that harsh? If they don't want to do to it they don't want to do it, he can get it somewhere else. Problem solved.

WELL BECAUSE THEY DIDNT SAY THEY DIDNT WANT TO DO IT....IT WAS JUST NOT THE MAIN FOCUS OF THIS FEELER....THATS ALL I AM SAYING...IM NOT TRYING TO SPEAK FOR THEM, BUT I THINK THEY HAVE BEEN VERY GOOD AT ANSWERING PEOPLES CUSTOM WORK QUESTIONS, BUT NO ONE WAS ANSWERING THIER ORIGIONAL QUESTION OF WHO WANTS TO BUY ONE OF OUR INTAKES WITH YOUR TAX MONEY....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search