Top feed conversion help!!!!!!!!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Top feed conversion help!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, December 05, 2007 7:25 AM
I have a 96 2.2l ohv, Im ready to boost, so i want to do the top feed conversion using a 2200 rail. What exactly will i need? and can someone tell me a basic How TO, that would help alot.

Re: Top feed conversion help!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, December 05, 2007 3:07 PM
I did it by honeing out the stock injector holes to just fit the new ones then JB welded them in. Thats fine for a N/A application but i would not reccomend that for you. You have to take the manifold to a machine shop and have the precicly hone out the holes so that the O rings will line up right. This can get costly. Also you will have to modify the throttle cable bracket or get a TB spacer made cause the throttle will hit the fuel rail. Also you have to plug up the old fuel inlet and outlet holes in the manifold or you will be sucking in air from there. They will have to be TIG aluminum welded shut or shut some other way that will hold the boost. Here are some pics...

This one you can see that i cut out a big part of the throttle bracket. ^^^^^^^^

[img[http://www.bypasslive.com/index2.php?q=aHR0cDovL2EyOTQuYWMtaW1hZ2VzLm15c3BhY2VjZG4uY29tL2ltYWdlczAxLzQ3L2xfMDMzZDM3N2ViMjQyNzc3NjMwYmY1MmU1YjRkMGY1ZGQuanBn
You can see the fuel return hole that i had to plug in this one^^^^^^^

Anymore questions just PM me

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:14 AM
Nice job, Nate. Say... Can you tell me how you managed to relocate your coils & module like I see in the third picture? I've been wanting to do that for some time with mine on my truck's LN2 but nobody has plans or a plug-in harness of any sort to permit so. Could ya help?

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Sunday, December 09, 2007 6:54 AM
Nickelin Dimer wrote:Nice job, Nate. Say... Can you tell me how you managed to relocate your coils & module like I see in the third picture? I've been wanting to do that for some time with mine on my truck's LN2 but nobody has plans or a plug-in harness of any sort to permit so. Could ya help?
You just extend the wires, there's only 4 of them...

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Sunday, December 09, 2007 2:05 PM
Not in my case, Notec. My factory harness won't allow such a stretch, even to the top of the engine. You guys forget: I have a truck. The engine management harness in my '94 comes from under the dash on the passenger side and reaches shortly forward to reach the ICM. And there are more than just four wires running to it. Amongst which are the crank trigger leads (Yes, they go to the ICM in my app.). An extention harness so as to relocate the coil/module assembly to atop the engine would be nice, since shorter secondary wires mean less total resistance.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Monday, December 10, 2007 2:28 AM
What he ment was to cut the wires and splice an extension into the part of harness that goes to the plug to the coil module.

Monday, December 10, 2007 2:45 AM
Oooooohhhhh... Nevermind!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Monday, December 10, 2007 3:22 PM
Well i decided not to spend the money on boosting the ohv, im in the middle of getting a new car, but i would still like to finish the engine, and make it N/A with a little nitrous (75 shot max). Could i still do the conversion? or is it not worth it?
Monday, December 10, 2007 7:39 PM
The conversion doesnt take that long. You will have to get HP tuners to tune the new injectors. I still havent tuned mine and because of that I only run like 4psi fuel pressure or the car will flood itself.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search