just ordered - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just ordered
Monday, December 03, 2007 8:31 PM
I just ordered the Vibrant CBE System from neverenougauto.com and am very excited to hear the results!! I was debating between that and the RKSport one, but my buddy has the RK one and it sounds awesome but I want something different.....After many ppl on here assuring me it sounds good, and watching the youtube video (theres only one of the ecotec) Im conviced its the best bang for the buck!!! If its not to my standards I can always intall a resonator!

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Pacesetter armor coated header
-Magnaflow 22" resonator (p/n 10436)
-Vibrant CatBack
-TTR Upper and Lower motor mounts

Re: just ordered
Monday, December 03, 2007 8:37 PM
Do yourself a favor and just go ahead and order the resonator now and install it all at once.

Monday, December 03, 2007 10:20 PM
nawww...im pretty sure it will sound how i want it to!! Lot of ppl like them!!

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Vibrant CatBack
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 3:21 AM
FstCavZ24 wrote:Do yourself a favor and just go ahead and order the resonator now and install it all at once.

Just do it at the same time...you'll like it even more!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 4:53 AM
does no one search any more....

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=398506&t=398506#398506

i wish i would have picked up a resonator first too. its quieted down now and i have become used to it, but there is still a good deal amount of exhaust drone around 2200-2600 rpm in some gears. after the like 3000 rpm mark you tend to hear the engine a bit more over the exhaust.

also, depending on your year of vehicle, it may not be an EXACT bolt up exhaust.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=399461&t=399446#399461

1997 RedR - ZedR
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 5:41 AM
So if I would get the resonator, would it rob the power??? I assume it would have to be welded in somewhere within the piping.....Thanks

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Vibrant CatBack
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 5:43 AM
Oh ya and what brands for the res. do you guys suggest?

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Vibrant CatBack
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 6:11 AM
Resonators are generally not that restrictive, though they are slightly. i know people say they arent restrictive, but its physically impossible. they are virtually non-restrictive as you generally wont notice a loss in power.

vibrant also makes their own resonator. this one will match very nicely to the system of their catback and look most visually appealing as it is the same finish.

1997 RedR - ZedR
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 6:23 AM
Yep I just saw a 12" vibrant res. on ebay for like 42 bucks.....So if I get that I take that in with the Catback to my guy and he will cutback the new piping 12" and put that in place? How will it be attatched? (noticed no bolt holes on the vibrant resonator...?

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Vibrant CatBack
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 6:35 AM
it depends on the pipe and the installer. the installer will either have to weld it in place or clamp it.

to clamp it in place the pipe on the resonator will have to be split like the exhaust is. there is a part on the exhaust where the axleback portion slides overtop of the intermediate pipe and you can either clamp it or weld it in place. same might be true for the resonator. if not, he could cut a section a little shorter than the resonator in the intermediate pipe and flare the ends. now he can slide the one pipe inside the other and clamp or weld.

just bring it to your installer, they will know what to do.

1997 RedR - ZedR
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 6:38 AM
Thanks for the info man, thats what Im gonna do then!!! Im so thankful for this site!!!

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Vibrant CatBack

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 8:39 AM
IMO 12" is too small. Look into the 22" Magnaflow.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:19 AM
Vibrant also offers an 18" resonator.

1997 RedR - ZedR
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:19 AM
^ I agree, the longer the res, the more deeper the tone and itll lose some of the raspyness in the exhaust....

remember you dont always have to be loud, to be fast

PROUD MEMBER OF JBOK.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:27 AM
When I was SC'ed I had the 18" Vibrant and it just wasn't enough, I still ran my silencer to quite the exhaust down. I ordered the biggest Magnaflow that would fit and was going to install it in place of the Vibrant, but never did because I ended up buying a turbo kit. The turbo acts as a resonator anyways so I wasn't worried about needing a bigger resonator.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:40 AM
FstCAvZ24, what exhaust setup did you have besides the 18" Vibrant Resanator?? Because Im not changing or plan on changing header, downpipe, or cat.......Im pretty sure a 18" or maybe a 12" might be sufficient, but idk i need your guys' help!!!!!

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Vibrant CatBack
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:50 AM
I had the 2.0L Pacesetter header, custom 2.5" DP, 2.5" Magnaflow Cat, DC sport 2.5" muffler, 18" Vibrant res, with all 2.5" mandrel bent pipes.

I still say go as big as possible, our cars just don't sound good NA with exhaust work, in fact 90% of the J's sound like ass. The bigger M.flow might be more money now, but you will only need to do it once.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 10:31 AM
Ya Im gonna order the 18" but Im gonna have them put the catback on first then im sure a couple weeks later I will go back and have them take it off, cut down the intermediate pipe, weld on the resonator then put it back on!!! I know I know Im stupid and Im gonna spend more money on labor, but this is my first aftermarket exhaust system and just want to make sure Im making the right choice!

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Vibrant CatBack
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 10:37 AM
Vibrant.com states the Catback system I bought has 2-3/8 piping....so do I get the 2.25 or 2.5 in/out resonator?

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Vibrant CatBack
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search